Mediaserver battery drain-note3 Lte

yousra sultan

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Recently, I noticed that my battery loses its charge qickly.
When i checked the battery performance, it is eaten by mediaserver!
The percentage was 81% so i deleted some photos and it became 63% which is still high
So what is the solution ?

Posted via the Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
you might want to do a quick search on mediaserver or android mediaserver. I know this has been discussed before.
If my memory serves me correctly, it is possibly due to corrupted data on the memory card or the memory card might have gone bad, or both.
I know some people fixed the issue by removing the micro sd card, using a computer to format it and then move their stuff back to it.
BUT if you have a corrupted file that wont help the file, as it could be coppied back after the format. Hopefully this will give you a good starting point.
What you might try is removing the card before you go to bed, (power off the device, remove card, power back on) then let the device run over night to see if you have that high mediaserver drain. If not then you know its the card or content.

anandroiddummy

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue that the battery drains quickly and the media service takes 50% of the battery usage. Turning off the "Tag buddy" option in the photo gallery solved the problem for me. Hope this helps someone with the same issue.

rajeshkc

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

Your update was very useful. My battery was draining like 10to 15 %every hour and now it has reduced to 2 to 3 % after deactivating this face tag option in gallery.Thanks...

RodandLyn Jennion

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi I had the same problem battery lasting o ly 3 hours but I didn't play music have lots of photos and I am old so don't spend a lot of time on my phone. I removed all apps and put a few at a time back on. The only apps I didn't put back on were "loud ringtones" It may not be these apps that are the problem it may just be removing apps and re putting on. I don't want to put the ringtones back on to test as I don't want to take the risk of loosing battery time again as my battery now lasts 2 days again
Lyn

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm