Why does my wifi randomly reconnect when another Android device enters the same network?

brentcoe0138

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Why does my wifi randomly reconnect when another Android device enters the same network

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and my boss has a Samsung Galaxy s5. I can have my phone on WiFi all day, with zero issue. My other boss, with an Iphone 5s can come and go, with no issue. The only time I experience problems is when the other Galaxy/Android device shows up. The other employees all use Android-based devices, and we never have an issue with them in the building. Meaning, if it's just them, and not the one boss, we all have fine wifi signal. This is a very frustrating problem, as it makes the phone unable to do simple things such as type, or view files online or from email, since their is a notification every 2 seconds.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does my wifi randomly reconnect when another Android device enters the same network

Welcome to Android Central! Does your boss have a wifi hotspot enabled? If so, your phone might be detecting that new network and notifying you of it.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why does my wifi randomly reconnect when another Android device enters the same network

Do you have Nearby devices turned on? Also check wifi direct, passpoint, smart (or auto) network switch, SBeam, NFC.

If it's just the notification and not actually connecting, you can turn that off in your wifi settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan