Can't click on numbers inside sms app

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a small problem but its very annoying. When someone send me an SMS message with a number inside, the number is unclickable for me. My friend also who just switched from ios to android asked me the same question but i couldn't figure it out. It used to work just fine for me but not anymore.

Any help is appreciate it.

Yathani

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Don't have that problem on mine. Which model Note 3 do you have and what firmware? I have a TMO running the latest stock 4.4.2 version. I'm using the stock messaging app and can click to call a number with or without proper formatting and with or without a 1 in front.

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Don't have that problem on mine. Which model Note 3 do you have and what firmware? I have a TMO running the latest stock 4.4.2 version. I'm using the stock messaging app and can click to call a number with or without proper formatting and with or without a 1 in front.

I'm running 4.4.2 N9005 and suppose to be the latest version from sammobile.com. My friend who has S5 is facing the same problem and I don't know how to fix it, but i still remember it was working before. I'm currently using Go SMS app because of that reason.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't recall anyone mentioning having this problem but maybe someone with a 9005 model can confirm whether it is happening for them.

Did you have any recent software upgrades when this started? Did you install any new apps around this time? I realize you may not remember anymore if it wasn't recent.

If you want to see if it is a third party app interfering, you can boot into safe mode and see if it works there. Be aware this will reset your widgets on your home screens. Also try pulling your battery and clearing cache in recovery mode.

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't recall anyone mentioning having this problem but maybe someone with a 9005 model can confirm whether it is happening for them.

Did you have any recent software upgrades when this started? Did you install any new apps around this time? I realize you may not remember anymore if it wasn't recent.

If you want to see if it is a third party app interfering, you can boot into safe mode and see if it works there. Be aware this will reset your widgets on your home screens. Also try pulling your battery and clearing cache in recovery mode.
When i update firmware between each update it works sometimes and sometimes doesn't. So i ignored the problem but i'm trying to find a fix because my friend who has the problem as well on his new S5.

Thanks for your input

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool