Here Beta is out for sammi devices, including note 3.

This thing is GREAT! I switched to it in a heart beat.

1. it can operate like a real GPS unit without any internet connection, including POIs. NA map is 4.7G total, but you can choose to install state maps one by one at reduced sizes.

2. it doesn't demand you logging in to save a list of recent searches. Really google? How difficult is it to let map remembering search histories w/o signing in?

3. it has many UI elements that are dark (search UI, navigation), which helps to save Super AMOLED's battery.

4. speed limit warning.

This is a much superior product and sammi users should definitely try out.
    10-09-2014 09:58 AM
    Can you post the playstore link to the app?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-09-2014 01:00 PM
    This is a samsung exclusive app, so its not in the playstore.

It is in galaxy app store https://apps.samsung.com/mars/topApp...d=000000901507

you may found leaked apk floating on web though.
    10-09-2014 01:58 PM
    Were you able to download maps without signing in? I really didn't want to create yet another account with another company but I didn't see a way to download without sign in.
    10-09-2014 03:42 PM
    Apparrently not, you need to sign in to download map and use your collected addresses.

Although you don't need to sign in to use the downloaded maps.

It does take Microsoft account, which I have many from the company and skydrive.

It also seems to take Facebook acc, if you have and willing.

@T-Mobile GN3
    10-09-2014 05:18 PM
    This is a samsung exclusive app, so its not in the playstore.

It is in galaxy app store https://apps.samsung.com/mars/topApp...d=000000901507

you may found leaked apk floating on web though.
    Does the Samsung App store have an app on the phone? I ask because I click that link and on the button for how to get HERE beta - and it asks me to confirm - which I did but then nothing happens. I did it a half a dozen times and still nothing. I rebooted my phone and tried again - no help.

I also searched on Google for HERE beta - but it takes me to the same page.

I'm really interested in getting this map app so any help would be appreciated :-)

Thanks!

Sarks.

10-10-2014 12:08 AM
    Does the Samsung App store have an app on the phone? I ask because I click that link and on the button for how to get HERE beta - and it asks me to confirm - which I did but then nothing happens. I did it a half a dozen times and still nothing. I rebooted my phone and tried again - no help.

I also searched on Google for HERE beta - but it takes me to the same page.

I'm really interested in getting this map app so any help would be appreciated :-)

Thanks!

Sarks.

It's Galaxy Apps. If you don't see it in your app drawer, look for a Samsung folder.
    10-10-2014 12:13 AM
    Yeah, there should be a galaxy store on the Sammi galaxy phone.

@T-Mobile GN3
    10-10-2014 12:17 AM
    It's Galaxy Apps. If you don't see it in your app drawer, look for a Samsung folder.
    Can either of you show me a screenshot of what the galaxy app looks like? I'm not seeing a galaxy app in my app drawer or in the Samsung folder itself. Wondering if it's right in front of my face and I don't realize it! But if that's it's name it's not showing - so I'd like to see what the "app" looks like in the app drawer (the symbol for it - not what the store looks like ...if that makes sense?)

Cheers!

Sarks.

P.S I'm on Verizon and not rooted, just incase you were planning on asking.

10-10-2014 02:21 AM
    Can either of you show me a screenshot of what the galaxy app looks like? I'm not seeing a galaxy app in my app drawer or in the Samsung folder itself. Wondering if it's right in front of my face and I don't realize it! But if that's it's name it's not showing - so I'd like to see what the "app" looks like in the app drawer (the symbol for it - not what the store looks like ...if that makes sense?)

Cheers!

Sarks.

P.S I'm on Verizon and not rooted, just incase you were planning on asking.

Here's what it looks like. Make sure you didn't disable it. Look at the apps you turned off, if any. It used to be called Samsung App Store in case you haven't updated, but that change happened in the first week of July I think.

Here Map beta for note 3 in galaxy store-sidesync_capture_20141010004906_1.jpg
    10-10-2014 02:51 AM
    Here's what it looks like. Make sure you didn't disable it. Look at the apps you turned off, if any. It used to be called Samsung App Store in case you haven't updated, but that change happened in the first week of July I think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sidesync_capture_20141010004906_1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	140384
    It's so weird I still don't see it. I'm including screenshots of the apps I have turned off, as well as my "g" and "s" apps and the apps inside the Samsung folder. None of them seem to be what you see. I tried the hub but it seems to have movies, books and games not apps.

I feel like a bit of an ***** over here, ha, my apps are hiding from me! Or, as I said before, it's hiding in plain sight and I don't see it ..which could easily happen.

Cheers for the help!

Sarks.

Attached Thumbnails Here Map beta for note 3 in galaxy store-screenshot_2014-10-10-01-34-41.jpg   Here Map beta for note 3 in galaxy store-screenshot_2014-10-10-01-34-57.jpg   Here Map beta for note 3 in galaxy store-screenshot_2014-10-10-01-35-04.jpg   Here Map beta for note 3 in galaxy store-screenshot_2014-10-10-01-39-56.jpg   Here Map beta for note 3 in galaxy store-screenshot_2014-10-10-01-43-03.jpg  

10-10-2014 03:50 AM
    Well, maybe it's one of those weird Verizon things. Don't know why they wouldn't want you to have access to it. Even if it's not installed as an app on your phone, your phone has to access it to update the pre-installed Samsung apps. So maybe there is a backdoor way to get to it on your phone through one of the samsung apps. Or you could try installing the apk yourself. Don't know if you're comfortable doing that.
    10-10-2014 04:04 AM
    sarks, try this. You said you had samsung hub. Open that and on the main screen scroll to the very bottom and see if there is a link there to Samsung Galaxy Apps. That opens up the app store on mine.
    10-10-2014 04:20 AM
    sarks, try this. You said you had samsung hub. Open that and on the main screen scroll to the very bottom and see if there is a link there to Samsung Galaxy Apps. That opens up the app store on mine.
    I finally got it. I went roaming around the Samsung website and accidentally came across a way to download the app store to my phone. This worked! And from there I managed to download here beta. I've no idea why this wasn't on my phone to begin with but happy I've found a solution.

Here is the link incase someone else doesn't have the galaxy app store on their phone either:

http://apps.samsung.com/mars/mw/apk_...UNTRY_CODE=USA

Thanks again for all the help! :-)

Sarks.

10-10-2014 04:42 AM
    apparently vzw has done this before, removing galaxy app store from galaxy phones.
    10-10-2014 06:26 AM
    Same here no Galaxy App Store on our Verizon Galaxy Note 3's.
    Is it really worth adding?

Thanks,
    Robert

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App
    10-11-2014 02:30 PM

Thanks,
    Robert

I added it because I wanted to download maps to use offline. After all the palava (hassle) of finding the app store I was able to get HERE beta and download maps for the entire USA - as my husband and I are going travelling for a wee while and will be in areas where we don't have service. I know I can save maps offline with Google etc but with a few clicks on here beta I got maps for the whole US so saved me some hassle :-)

10-11-2014 06:24 PM

Thanks,
    Robert

Sure, why not, it doesn't hurt anything to have it.

@T-Mobile GN3
    10-12-2014 04:42 AM
    Thx, it seems to require a crap load of permissions. Just don't want to cause more issues than it's possibly worth...

10-12-2014 07:33 AM
    Thx, it seems to require a crap load of permissions. Just don't want to cause more issues than it's possibly worth...

Every app requires a crap load of permissions nowadsays, and galaxy store app needs to install things..... oh well.

If you don't need the items I listed in OP, then you may not need to bother with this.
    10-12-2014 08:17 AM