Why does the 'none' option not exist for turning off the lock screen on Galaxy Note 3?

batkovska

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I was trying to turn off the lock screen and there is no 'none' option on my phone. It's not grey, it's non-existent.

I thought it would show up if I cleared all credentials, but that option is also unavailable to me. Then I tried to delete APNs, but I didn't even have any in the first place.

Help is much appreciated.
Thank you.

LimuHead

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had my lock screen turned off from when I first got my GN3 last October. I am currently on Android 4.4.2 on T-mobile. I just checked my settings under 'device' and the 'none' option is there for me.

If you haven't tried restarting your phone you should try that first, then if that doesn't work try clearing cache in recovery mode. It sounds scarier than it is and there are excellent instructions on this site that will walk you through it if you search the AC website.

I'm sure others will chime in with other recommendations if these basic first steps don't help.

Posted via Android Central App

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I was trying to turn off the lock screen and there is no 'none' option on my phone. It's not grey, it's non-existent.

I thought it would show up if I cleared all credentials, but that option is also unavailable to me. Then I tried to delete APNs, but I didn't even have any in the first place.

Help is much appreciated.
Thank you.

I don't have an answer for you but I just wanted to agree with Limuhead and say I have the "none" option for the lockscreen on my Verizon 4.4.2 note 3. I've included a screenshot.

If you don't know how to clear cache in recovery as Limuhead suggested here is a link that tells you how (its a tmobile site but works the same on Verizon).

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9049

Hope you get your problem fixed.

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-03-04-34-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-03-04-34-34.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 35

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Do you have more than one user account on the phone? Multiple Users requires a higher level of security. Also, do you have any apps set to Device Administrator? Settings, Security, Device Administrators.

batkovska

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you have more than one user account on the phone? Multiple Users requires a higher level of security. Also, do you have any apps set to Device Administrator? Settings, Security, Device Administrators.

The only think checked in Device Administrators is Android Device Manager and I have only one user account.
My phone isn't rooted if that makes any difference.

Posted via the Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
No, I don't have anything like that. I just have one e-mail.
Thanks for the efforts though.

Just so you know, I also don't have the "none" option on my stock TMO Note 3. I don't know if I ever did since I always use a PIN and didn't want that option. So I don't know if was there and something disabled it. Did you ever turn on KNOX? I have KNOX installed on mine but not controlled by any company, just for my own use.

batkovska

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just so you know, I also don't have the "none" option on my stock TMO Note 3. I don't know if I ever did since I always use a PIN and didn't want that option. So I don't know if was there and something disabled it. Did you ever turn on KNOX? I have KNOX installed on mine but not controlled by any company, just for my own use.

Yeah, I also have KNOX installed, but it's never turned on. I don't know if it changes anything, I don't remember if I had the option before installing KNOX.

woodrow_hills

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the ''None'' option, but selecting it doesn't seen to work. My previous ''Pin'' lock is still active after selecting ''None''.
Anybody else also have the same issue. Appreciate any advice. Thank you.

batkovska

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I've decided to just wait until the Android 5.0 update and hope that fixes it, otherwise the only other thing I can think of is to go and demand a new one (mine is still under warranty).
I don't know why this bothers me so much, but I want to be able to download custom lock screens!
Thank you for all your help everybody.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I've decided to just wait until the Android 5.0 update and hope that fixes it, otherwise the only other thing I can think of is to go and demand a new one (mine is still under warranty).
I don't know why this bothers me so much, but I want to be able to download custom lock screens!
Thank you for all your help everybody.

Well I just did you a favor and uninstalled Knox to see if that was the cause and the none option appeared after doing so. So there's your answer.

batkovska

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I just did you a favor and uninstalled Knox to see if that was the cause and the none option appeared after doing so. So there's your answer.

You are just the best person ever! I can't thank you enough.

pattydelgado

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
The "Swipe" option (the first one in your list) is the same as "NONE" or no security required.
You screen is going to "lock" after a period of time to save your battery life. If you select the "Swipe" option, you simply have to swipe across the screen to unlock it - no security.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The "Swipe" option (the first one in your list) is the same as "NONE" or no security required.
You screen is going to "lock" after a period of time to save your battery life. If you select the "Swipe" option, you simply have to swipe across the screen to unlock it - no security.

No, it isn't the same.

screenlock.jpg

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

My Note 3 is on Verizon and "None" Does work on mine!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"