Never Touching a Samsung Phone Again In My Life!

Leslie Anyanwu

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I own a Galaxy Note 3 LTE and 2 weeks ago, it slipped out of my hand and fell on the ground and the outer glass screen cracked. Took it to a Samsung store where it was repaired with a 30 day warranty. Only for it to crack again after 40 mins! Took it back with the assurance that it had 30 days warranty and was shocked to hear that I would be charged again and for the full amount. £170.00 I paid. I've taken it to a mate who repairs phones and he has assured me the repairs won't cost any more than £35.00, parts included. So why did I get ripped off earlier? For absolutely nothing! I will never ever buy anything again that has the Samsung brand on it. Never!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's unfortunate. Getting repairs done at an official manufacturer's service center when you're not covered by warranty will always be more expensive than an independent repair shop. I'm not clear on why they wouldn't cover the second screen break--how did it break the second time?

To be honest, I'm surprised they fixed it the first time under warranty. Warranties cover manufacturer's defects, not accidental damage. Phone insurance will cover accidental damage, but that usually requires payment of a deductible. If there's any takeaway from this (besides your aversion to Samsung), it's that phones drop no matter how careful you try to be, and a good case can prevent a lot of these headaches.

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's unfortunate. Getting repairs done at an official manufacturer's service center when you're not covered by warranty will always be more expensive than an independent repair shop. I'm not clear on why they wouldn't cover the second screen break--how did it break the second time?

To be honest, I'm surprised they fixed it the first time under warranty. Warranties cover manufacturer's defects, not accidental damage. Phone insurance will cover accidental damage, but that usually requires payment of a deductible. If there's any takeaway from this (besides your aversion to Samsung), it's that phones drop no matter how careful you try to be, and a good case can prevent a lot of these headaches.

Everything about this story sounds fishy and inconsistent.

I'm glad they won't have a
=*enter any brand ever*=
product ever again. Probably just clumsy

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital