Is it possible to completely remove my name from account?

anon(9180851)

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, newbie to Android phones here!

I just have a basic question about having my account switched to another person after buying it on the Verizon Edge plan.

I will be purchasing my first smartphone in years, since having an old Palm Treo many years back. I plan on getting a new Note 3 on Verizon.

let's say that use it on the Verizon network 6 months on their "more everything" plan. then, say that I want to pay the phone off early instead of waiting the full 24 months.

Then, let's say I want to unlock it and give it to my GF who wants to use it on T Mobil prepaid.

Questions:
1) Can I completely remove all of my identifying info from the phone and contract from Verizon and put all of hers on the phone with a new SIM card, at the T Mobil store, for example ? (my name, my SSN, my address, etc...)

2) Or, will remnants of my identifying info always be tied to the phone - no matter what? (even after putting it in her name)

Like, for example, if the government wanted to track me down, they could still pull my info off of the phone, even after it has been switched over?

So, I guess my main question is:

Is there a way to get all of my info off of the phone and VZ Edge account so that it will no longer be connected to me in any way?

marselisgn3

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Guess reseting your phone makes it pretty much impossible to trigger data from.
And why would the government care to track your info. Or you nust worried your gf might pull something sensitive haha. Just reset you re done