The latest google calendar update 5.0.xx woth material design and all looks and works good but oh my god scrolling is such a hassle. Stutters like nothing ive ever seen,and I've seen some pretty award winning stutter-mess apps
    Where can we address our problems wkth google apps? I tried their support email but got a reply saying that no reply should be expected and to have a look at the q&a some bull**** like that.
    Does anyone else have the same problem ?
    11-14-2014 10:39 AM
    Just downloaded the update for my Note 4 and didn't notice any lag - could be to do with the fact it's running on Kitkat I guess.
    11-14-2014 10:45 AM
    Just downloaded the update for my Note 4 and didn't notice any lag - could be to do with the fact it's running on Kitkat I guess.
    I am running 4.4.2 on my note 3. Yet the app stutters ridiculously.
    11-14-2014 12:05 PM
    I don't use the app but have you tried clearing the cache? I did just take a quick look at recent reviews and many people are unhappy with it so hopefully there will be another update to fix some problems. Was the email you tried the one on the app page or is there a feedback link in the app itself?
    11-14-2014 02:21 PM
    I don't use the app but have you tried clearing the cache? I did just take a quick look at recent reviews and many people are unhappy with it so hopefully there will be another update to fix some problems. Was the email you tried the one on the app page or is there a feedback link in the app itself?
    Well i pretty much checked other reviews on play store but none were actually complaining abut scrolling stutter. They were unhappy with some app funcionalities but that's not the case here.
    I tried the email thats provided on the app page on play store
    11-14-2014 03:23 PM
    Well i pretty much checked other reviews on play store but none were actually complaining abut scrolling stutter. They were unhappy with some app funcionalities but that's not the case here.
    I tried the email thats provided on the app page on play store
    Well, here is the "report an issue" section of the google calendar help forum. https://productforums.google.com/for...eport-an-issue

So you can try there if you want. But definitely try clearing the cache first, both the app cache and the cache partition.
    11-14-2014 03:36 PM
    Well, here is the "report an issue" section of the google calendar help forum. https://productforums.google.com/for...eport-an-issue

So you can try there if you want. But definitely try clearing the cache first, both the app cache and the cache partition.
    Tried all the above and nothing helped. I do notice that when I click clear data for the calendar app the total storage does not actually get cleared
    Attached Thumbnails Latest Google Calendar update-1416001579427.jpg  
    11-14-2014 03:46 PM
    The 22.23 MB remaining after you cleared data is the app. The data you cleared are your personal data and settings. Since it's a Google calendar, it'll repopulate when you open it again, assuming your phone is set to sync the calendar. And you will have to choose your settings again.
    11-15-2014 09:10 AM
    I love this update. Mine is buttery smooth but I am on a nexus 5. I don't think that should matter though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-15-2014 09:25 AM
    I was hoping for note 3 users to share their experience. Even note 4 users have very fluid animations. i hope its not jerking only on my device
    11-15-2014 01:28 PM
    I'm using the note 3 and the google calendar app and I don't notice any stutter when scrolling UNLESS I scroll down like 3 or 4 months really really fast, then there will be a little stutter but it's barely noticeable

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-15-2014 02:13 PM
    Thats messed up. For me
    11-16-2014 06:51 AM
    Have you set your animations differently than when you got the phone? I know I have and get stutter when a page loads as the animation itself usually gives the app time to load before I am able to scroll.

You could play with animations in developer settings and see if changing them either way helps with stutter...or you could try uninstalling maps altogether and then just reinstall to see if it works better.
    11-16-2014 11:57 AM
    Have you set your animations differently than when you got the phone? I know I have and get stutter when a page loads as the animation itself usually gives the app time to load before I am able to scroll.

You could play with animations in developer settings and see if changing them either way helps with stutter...or you could try uninstalling maps altogether and then just reinstall to see if it works better.
    I have tried the animations. No luck. My calendar is actually pretty empty so there is not much to load. I have tried vefore messing with reinstalling google play services and things went south so deffo waiting for another update. What conserns me is only my note 3 does this
    11-16-2014 01:24 PM
    Very smooth on my Note 3.
    11-16-2014 08:01 PM
    This update is terrible. It removed many of the best features of the calendar: month view, 7 day view, the ability to zoom to show the whole day at once. Total rubbish.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-17-2014 08:44 AM
    I've not had any problems with the app stuttering. However, I'm not sure that I like the changes.
    11-17-2014 09:16 AM
    This update is terrible. It removed many of the best features of the calendar: month view, 7 day view, the ability to zoom to show the whole day at once. Total rubbish.

Posted via Android Central App
    Get the aCalendar app. Blows the Google Calendar away. However, I do like the imagery for the new version showing the map and the background within the calendar itself.
    anon(5600632) likes this.
    11-17-2014 10:15 AM
    Agree with gnr_2. I tried Google Calendar for a few days and went back to aCalendar. It isn't as pretty, but it is much more functional.
    gnr_2 likes this.
    11-18-2014 05:41 PM
    Those of you who don't like the changes in Google Calendar, why don't use just use the Samsung Calendar app? I prefer it to Google's myself, but even if you preferred Google before, if you don't like the update, Samsung seems like a better alternative and it's free and built-in.
    11-18-2014 05:46 PM
    Those of you who don't like the changes in Google Calendar, why don't use just use the Samsung Calendar app? I prefer it to Google's myself, but even if you preferred Google before, if you don't like the update, Samsung seems like a better alternative and it's free and built-in.
    Well i actually like the latest google calendar update. If it wasn't for the smoothness on my device id be really happy
    11-19-2014 03:02 AM