Hi all,

I have been using okay google more and more recently (since it has started deciphering my scottish accent ...yay!). One thing I have been trying to work out/figure out but haven't succeeded at is getting directions to a contact in my address book by just saying their name.

Is this possible? For example "okay google - directions to Kris" I have their address saved in my address book but when I try the quote above it just gives me google listings for anything/everything including the word Kris/Chris.

It will work for the home and work addresses I have save for myself (maps> menu> settings>edit home or work) but I cannot get it to work for a contact in my address book without having to say their physical address (ie "okay google - directions to 123 XYZ st, San Diego, CA").

I would appreciate any help - even if it's just to say hey this isn't possible!

Thanks very much :-)

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-23-2014 04:56 AM
    I haven't had a chance to try it. Would be good but I never considered it and I need to tidy my Contacts.
    Only place I will talk to an inanimate object is alone in a car and out of view.
    Try General Help and How To or AAQ as well.
    It could be your accent, but...... occh, aye de nnoooo!

From a Note 3 with Tapatalk
    sarkycow likes this.
    11-25-2014 04:05 PM
    I couldn't get it to open maps and start navigation but using the the following I managed to get one or two taps away from navigation; "where does Kim live" "navigate to Kim home" I'm assuming if you have an address listed as a work address you would change home to work. You could play with it a little and maybe get a little closer.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-25-2014 08:07 PM