Is my phone fixable after some water damage?

Rainz IsPhsychotic

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
EMERGENCY !!! HELP !!! My Note 3 after water damage

i took my Note 3 with a water proof bag into the pool and that bag isn't good and some water went inside there. I took out the battery and dry it with a towel and open it again and the phone still works so i left it open about 1 and a half hour and when i got an phone call, my ringtone is playing with a distortion sounds. then i look the phone carefully, i see that my phone notification green light ( Green light on show up when the phone is 100% charged ) is on for a seconds and got dimmer ( it only last for 2 - 3 seconds) and got brighter again. I open the phone over 3 hours after the Water Damage too. Now i put it in the rice bag without battery and S-pen.

So somebody tell me what to do for those problems ??

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: EMERGENCY !!! HELP !!! My Note 3 after water damage

Cross your fingers. That's about it really. It should have gone in the rice bag first and stayed there overnight before even considering trying to turn it on again. Whatever damage is done is done and completely drying the phone out will either resolve them or it won't. Water damage is not a science and there is no exact way to know what will or won't be affected or what will or won't resolve. Just based on your description it doesn't sound too bad, the distortion, if you're lucky was just water sitting on top of the speaker. As for the light that could be water just about anywhere causing changes in voltage. Hopefully you didn't plug it in to try and charge it during this time.

Good Luck

Rainz IsPhsychotic

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site

Do u think it would explode or something if i charge after my phone speaker got back normal ??
i took off the battery and pen and put it in the rice bag now

Rainz IsPhsychotic

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site

Cross your fingers. That's about it really. It should have gone in the rice bag first and stayed there overnight before even considering trying to turn it on again. Whatever damage is done is done and completely drying the phone out will either resolve them or it won't. Water damage is not a science and there is no exact way to know what will or won't be affected or what will or won't resolve. Just based on your description it doesn't sound too bad, the distortion, if you're lucky was just water sitting on top of the speaker. As for the light that could be water just about anywhere causing changes in voltage. Hopefully you didn't plug it in to try and charge it during this time.

Good Luck

Do u think it would explode or something if i charge after my phone speaker got back normal ??

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

No if it's wet inside and possibly shorting between circuits adding electricity would probably be a bad thing. I meant when it was wet. Once you're sure it's dry I don't think there would be any problems. You might have wanted to put the battery in the rice bag too. Is it working any better now?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited: