Dear Folks,

Needing your expert opinion on how to fix Note 3 display which has no hardware damage. Please see the images uploaded.

I used this note 3 for 1 month and display has disappeared whilst i was in the middle of a game. I removed the battery and put it back on hoping that nothing serious has happened. I bought it from a retailer with no warranty so now i will have to fix this at my own cost. It was a mistake buying a product without warranty but at the same time i expected a samsung phone to last for more than a month.

PLEASE SUGGEST WHAT SHOULD I DO? I have shown it to a DIY expert, they want to charge $200 even though it has no hardware damage....
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Note 3 major DISPLAY ISSUE - No hardware damage observed-imag0093.jpg   Samsung Note 3 major DISPLAY ISSUE - No hardware damage observed-imag0090.jpg  
    11-28-2014 12:06 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's unfortunate. You bought it with no warranty? So was it used? How new is it? A device should still be under warranty for typically a year, and I don't think it matters if you were the original owner or not--I would think that the warranty is transferrable. If you bought it "as is," no questions asked, then you really do take your chances--it might not even be a genuine Samsung device, since there are quite a few counterfeits floating around.

I would contact Samsung and ask about warranty repair. Let them know the circumstances of your purchase, and see if the warranty would still cover it. If it doesn't, then you're pretty much stuck with paying someone to replace the screen, or trying to do it yourself, if you're adventurous enough.
    11-28-2014 01:23 AM
    It is a genuine device. I have used it for a month so i know it. I have already spoken to the retailer, they said that somehow i have damaged the display and they won't replace it. I am contemplating contacting Samsung about it. I already heard that Samsung charge a lot for display repair.

I am still unsure if this is a software problem as i know it for sure that i have not damaged it. I just want to know if anyone else has a clue about it.
    I already purchased a HTC M8 so good bye to samsung as i dont think i would be using one for sometime.
    11-28-2014 01:49 AM
    I'm still not sure how it isn't under warranty, though.
    11-28-2014 03:44 AM
    I'm still not sure how it isn't under warranty, though.
    I'm wondering the exact same thing. Unless it's a used note 3 then there should be no reason for it not to have a warranty

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-28-2014 02:29 PM
    We have retailers in asia sell mobile phones without warranty. As phone companies don't sell directly there is no choice but to purchase from small retailers. To be hones during purchase i didn't know that the retailer won't provide warranty other wise i wouldn't have made that mistake.

The main point is i am seeking help to identify if the problem with note 3 display happened to other users and how i can fix this. Also if this is a software problem. If u can relate to this i would be grateful for your reply
    11-29-2014 12:59 AM
    Thanks for clarifying that. I hate to say it, but those images look like a hardware issue. Not sure how a software issue would cause that kind of screen glitch.
    11-29-2014 03:07 AM
    I also have same problem with my phone. I have been using my phone for 11 months. One day this issue occured. But just 2 minutes before this issue I was using the phone normally. No physical damage was there. My touch screen is working properly. I can attend calls. But nothing can be seen. What is the solution for this? Please help.
    02-25-2015 03:21 AM
    I have faced same issue after using it for almost 2 years !!!
    Suddenly, display got blank while i was using it and it was in my hand working properly.
    Any one got any solution ??
    04-04-2016 09:42 AM