Well, at Thanksgiving dinner, my Note 3 got soaked. A drink was spilled on it. I wiped it off when I noticed it after a bit of time. It seemed to work fine. I left it on overnight, then in the morning noticed that the screen is not working. I can still hear text messages and e-mails coming in, but the screen is black. When I restart the phone the screen has a noisy pattern, then it becomes black when the phone boots up. I am drying the phone in rice currently.

My 2 year AT&T contract doesn't expire for another year. Looks like I will have to buy another phone at full retail, if this one doesn't come to life. Any other ideas? Amazon, eBay, new screen?

Thanks for any advice...
    11-29-2014 03:44 PM
    Well, at Thanksgiving dinner, my Note 3 got soaked. A drink was spilled on it. I wiped it off when I noticed it after a bit of time. It seemed to work fine. I left it on overnight, then in the morning noticed that the screen is not working. I can still hear text messages and e-mails coming in, but the screen is black. When I restart the phone the screen has a noisy pattern, then it becomes black when the phone boots up. I am drying the phone in rice currently.

My 2 year AT&T contract doesn't expire for another year. Looks like I will have to buy another phone at full retail, if this one doesn't come to life. Any other ideas? Amazon, eBay, new screen?

Thanks for any advice...
    The most important thing to do with a wet phone is power it off, remove all covers, sleeves, batteries and plugs.

Since the phone was left on for hours afterwards it may be difficult to fix unfortunately.

The usual advice after removing the case, cover, battery is to place the phone in dry uncooked rice for a couple of days which will draw out the remaining moisture. The longer and warmer the better.
    11-29-2014 04:31 PM
    If all else fails go to Swappa

Posted from the bando
    11-29-2014 07:51 PM