Pictures come out sideways, have to reset phone to fix.

Djanvk

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Having a problem when taking pictures of I take a picture in holding the phone upright the pictures will be sideways when I look at it, if I go take one in landscape orientation it will show up portrait orientation. This is annoying because when I look at the picture is always sideways and the only fix so fat is to reset the phone but then a day or 2 layer the it week happen again.

Anyone have this?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Are you taking it with the volume keys towards the sky (for landscape)?
Also, are you doing this in Hangouts, or, are you doing it in the Camera app and then telling Hangouts to use an existing picture? You could try clearing Cache and Data for the Hangouts app and for the Camera app and see if either fixes it? The Hangouts app does have a bug that causes pictures to rotate for some people.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
OK so if it's not the known bug in Hangouts, then there is some conflict in your device - mine's not doing that. Some image-related app that deals with pictures on your phone is causing them to rotate.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Having a problem when taking pictures of I take a picture in holding the phone upright the pictures will be sideways when I look at it, if I go take one in landscape orientation it will show up portrait orientation. This is annoying because when I look at the picture is always sideways and the only fix so fat is to reset the phone but then a day or 2 layer the it week happen again.

Anyone have this?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just noticed mine doing this last night. Only way I can take pictures is hold the phone in landscape with the power button up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084