Accelerometer software override or bypass?

TehKhy

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
It seems like my wife has nuked the y-axis sensor accelerometer in her Note3. She got her closed her purse in the car door and killed the screen too. I got the screen replaced (we're out of warranty so went to a 3rd party, not Samsung or Rogers) but it seems like she might have killed the sensor too. I ran some tests via *#0*# and a few apps. *#0*# is reporting a constant value of -32768 on the y-axis only... everything else looks good. This number is suspiciously close to the max integer value, so it seems like something is up with the sensor. I tested with Sensor Kinetics app and it shows a constant y-axis acceleration of -19.6 m/s2. All other sensors like the gyro appear to be fine, same with the other axes on the accelerometer. I tried to re-calibrate the sensor via an app (Sensor Tester by Soaus). It claimed to have re-calibrated but it's still showing a -19.6 m/s2 via Sensor Kinetics and -32768 by *#0*#.

The problem is that with a constant negative value on y-axis acceleration of -19.6 m/s2, the screen won't rotate and the camera is goofy; all the buttons are in the right spot but the txt in them is upside down, the menu screen comes in upside down from the top, and pictures/vids are all upside down.

So, I'm hoping there's a software solution because I don't like the odds of getting that sensor replaced for a reasonable cost. Does anyone know of an app or toolkit that would allow a manual or forced value to be entered on the y-axis of the accelerometer so I can bypass this dmg'd component? If I can over-ride the -32768 value, the camera would at least be right side up and I could look at other apps to manually force the screen to rotate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!