Dears,

all my contacts are suddenly disappeared in my samsung note 3.

How to recover my contacts. Please help me . Thanks in advance
    01-05-2015 02:37 PM
    Were they Android Account contacts? Then they're at Google Contacts and should sync automatically. Were they SIM contacts? Get a SIM card reader and copy them from the SIM card to a computer file, then read that file into Google Contacts. Were they Phone or Device contacts? Then unless you know how to use a SQLite editor to edit the Contacts database, or are willing to hire someone to do it for you, you can't recover the contacts. (This is why all contacts should be entered as Google Account contacts.)
    B. Diddy and PANDIAN DURAIRAJ like this.
    01-05-2015 03:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Rukbat is spot on. The only other thing to add is to make sure that your Contacts app is set to display all contacts, and not just contacts from one account.
    PANDIAN DURAIRAJ likes this.
    01-05-2015 04:00 PM
    Dear Rukbat

Thanks lot for your reply. I checked in the Google contacts. But contacts in my Google account has only mail address, no phone numbers. Even I used software of Dr.Fone for Android data recovery, but it recovered only call log, but not even signle contacts recovered. But still I have yet to use SIM Card reader to copy contacts from SIM.

I contacted (hired) mobile recovery professionals, but they said not possible, but they could not recover at all

Please help me to recover contacts from my phone or device contacts. please help me. Thanks
    01-06-2015 12:15 AM
    Dear Diddy

Thanks lot for your reply.

Kindly guide me how to make my Contacts app is set to display all contacts, since there is option in my Samsung note 3.

kindly help me. Thanks
    01-06-2015 12:19 AM
    I don't have a Note 3, but on the Tab Pro 8.4 in the Contacts app, I can tap the Menu button, then Settings, then Contacts To Display.

The problem is that if you had all of the contacts with phone numbers stored on the Phone account (as opposed to your Google account), and those contacts were lost, then you won't be able to recover them. That's why it's a good idea to associate all contacts with your Google account, so that the info is immediately synced with your Google Contacts in the cloud.
    01-06-2015 10:57 AM
    I lost my contacts suddenly in my Galaxy S3 Android Phone. What I did was the following and restored all my contacts:
    -
    Go into Settings
    Click Accounts at top of the screen
    Click Google and Sync your Contacts from GMAIL.

GMAIL has all your contacts stored so you can go back to Google Gmail and get them by Syncing the Contacts.

I successfully got back all my contacts and notes on my phone.

I hope this helps.
    08-22-2015 12:12 AM
    The first time this happened to my Note 3, I panicked. It happens often. I just restart my phone and all my contacts magically reappear.
    09-22-2015 01:28 PM