New to the Note 3. New to android period. Very happy, but still trying to learn it.

Ok, so when I turn the phone on after the screen times out it makes this sound. I don't know how to turn it off and it's annoying me. I don't know if it's from an app or just the sound the phone makes when it's turned on.

Help please.. Thanks!
    01-24-2015 01:54 AM
    What sound is it making? Most Samsung phones have a sort of ring when you turn them on, varying by carrier.
    01-24-2015 01:56 AM
    I don't really know how to describe the sound. It's short.. da-ni-da. I went into setting looking all over the place for it.

It's not the lock screen sounds. I turn them off and still. Its when I turn on the phone after I swipe it. I'm thinking maybe its a sound connecting to wifi? Nope. Turned wifi off. It's really annoying.
    01-24-2015 02:48 AM
    I don't really know how to describe the sound. It's short.. da-ni-da. I went into setting looking all over the place for it.

It's not the lock screen sounds. I turn them off and still. Its when I turn on the phone after I swipe it. I'm thinking maybe its a sound connecting to wifi? Nope. Turned wifi off. It's really annoying.
    What carrier do you have? Sounds like the T-Mobile ring

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2
    01-24-2015 06:49 PM
    What carrier do you have? Sounds like the T-Mobile ring

It's Verizon. I keep thinking it's a sound telling me I'm connected to wifi, but I turned wifi off and the sound is still there. Does no one really know this sound I'm talking about?
    01-24-2015 07:40 PM
    It's Verizon. I keep thinking it's a sound telling me I'm connected to wifi, but I turned wifi off and the sound is still there. Does no one really know this sound I'm talking about?
    It's only when booting up though, right?
    Every carrier plays their ring tone when booting up. Only having it silenced will make the sound go away. It's not for any notifications though

01-24-2015 07:56 PM
    Does it sound like a piano with (I think) a violin? That's the sound I get when I turn on my phone. The only way I know of to not get it is to have my phone muted when it is turned off. (I have a note 3 on Verizon also).

Posted via Android Central App
    01-24-2015 07:56 PM
    I figured it out(I think). It's the GPS. When I turn off GPS it doesn't make that sound.
    Thanks for trying to help everyone.
    01-25-2015 12:36 AM
    I figured it out(I think). It's the GPS. When I turn off GPS it doesn't make that sound.
    Thanks for trying to help everyone.
    Hmm. Don't see why that would make a sound, but glad you solved it

01-25-2015 04:43 PM