Galaxy Note 3 clone not starting, hard reset not working

alechielke

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, A few weeks ago I started noticing some weird things happening on my phone. The pictures on screen would suddenly tear and weird colored stripes would appear for a fraction of a second and then it would turn off. At first I put this down to overheating, as I had just downloaded BTD5 and was playing it a lot, so the phone got quite hot at times. However, a few days ago, it got much worse, my device suddenly turned off again (with tear and stripes and all) and when I tried rebooting, it just started vibrating and didn't stop until I pulled out the battery. Now it won't turn on anymore, the screen sometimes lights up (as in, it becomes grey instead of black) and when I tried to do a hard reset, there was no response. Can anyone help me?
Things worth noting:
1. My phone is not an original Galaxy Note 3, but rather a convincing-looking clone of it (the N9006)
2. I recently had my phone in my pocket and when I took it out, the screen had a crack in it (I hadn't fallen or anything)
3. When I plug the charger in, the phone shows no red light, I tried different chargers and different batteries.

Should I get a new phone or can this be repaired?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Get a new phone--preferably a genuine device, not a clone. Clones can be highly unreliable, and in your situation, it's virtually impossible to know which components are faulty or defective.