Lollipop has broken my Bluetooth Sim access profile, how can I get it back?

big_c#CB

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Lollipop has broken my Bluetooth Sim Access Profile

My car uses rSAP (Remote SIM Access Profile) to take control of the SIM in my phone, and use the internal car phone for calls/text/data. Worked very well for a year or so on KitKat, but Lollipop seems to have toasted the support. The connection is made, and it works mostly - but the link drops and re-establishes every few minutes. Not too bad for data (apart from the annoying pop-ups on the car screen) but less useful for calls.

I tried in safe mode in case it was an app issue, but just the same. Any suggestions? Wait for 5.1? Downgrade to KitKat (there be dragons!).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lollipop has broken my Bluetooth Sim Access Profile

Check with your car delaership service department for updates or service bulletins. Every new version of Android presents different problems to different car audio systems, and it's the car system that needs updating. (Android uses plain vanilla Bluetooth - if the car is doing something unspecified, and an Android changes to a different spec, the car has to also.)

Remember, Bluetooth is like a pipe - it carries water gasoline and nitro without caring. Bluetooth is a means of transferring data - if doesn't specify the data or the format of the data.

big_c#CB

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lollipop has broken my Bluetooth Sim Access Profile

Thank you, I will follow up with Audi. The underlying Bluetooth transport seems robust, I can use my phone and music with regular Bluetooth profiles - it's the Remote SIM Access Profile (rSAP) that seems to have gone flaky. And that is a much better solution (gives the car data access for SatNav, and uses the built-in phone and external antenna for calls) so I'm very motivated to get it working.

Lizz Aztec

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I have found at least a workaround for this.

It seems that the problem is caused by Lollipop putting the Bluetooth function to sleep for powersaving (regardless of whether powersaving is switched on or not).

This can be overcome, it seems, by leaving the phone on charge in the car. In my case it's quite binary: Plugged in to USB, rSAP works like a dream, not plugged in, rSAP works like a dog.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar