Why do my photos keep disappearing from Quickpic and Gallery?

mutz59

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. My photos were kept in the Gallery App until several months ago I downloaded QuickPic and I loved it. Suddenly 2 days ago my photos disappeared from both QuickPic and Gallery, and a handful of them reappeared in the built-in Photos app. They're not on my SD card or in Google+. I do have a backup on my laptop but what in the world is going on with my phone? I had them very well organized in Quickpic and used them a lot. Didn't do anything different. Please help! Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say they aren't on your SD, do you mean that they never were saved there to begin with, or that you can't find them any more on the SD? In other words, is the camera set to save photos to Internal Storage or the SD by default? SD file corruption is a pretty common complaint on these forums, especially with Samsung devices.

mutz59

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
No, apparently I never backed them up to my SD card. I backed them up to google cloud and to my laptop, but they are missing from both. obviously i must have done something wrong, but now i don't know how to get them back. are they gone for good? And why did they disappear so suddenly, when nothing was changed? Quickpic has always been so reliable.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Use ES file expolrer from playstore to check hidden files...after you install the explorer check show hidden files in the settings. This has happened to some of us when for some odd reason. My theory is app installation and deletion moves some pictures before they are backed up. I would have G+ on auto backup in any case and set it to data and wifi if you can spare the data.
Someone said the photos are being moved to a file called .nomedia which is a hidden file.
Good luck and hope not all are lost.