I accidentally wiped the OS on my Samsung Note 3 (rooted), how can I get it back?

A

AC Question

Accidentally wiped os samsung note 3 (rooted)

My phone was filled up with useless apps and other programs,
and i wanted to wipe the phone to factory settings but since that didn't
work i tried wiping my phone through Team win, a big mistake because the
phone wont boot up, ive tried rebooting and nothing worked.

I can still get into the menu (When pressing: Power, Home and volume up) but i cant find anything that will help.

Its a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (U.S. Cellular) Rooted.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Accidentally wiped os samsung note 3 (rooted)

Do you have a backup of the system? And can you get into TWRP again? If so, restore the backup.

If you can get into TWRP, but don't have a backup, ask on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - XDA Forums for a backup of the system partition for that phone.

If you can't get into TWRP, or can't find a backup, go to SamMobile Firmwares (I believe the US Cellular is the N900R4). See [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.

In the future, once the system is up and running, make a backup of the system. Then make a backup of the data partition. Any time you make enough changes to the data (apps, data that's in the apps, files, pictures) that you don't want to lose it, make another backup. (You can keep a few older backups on a PC, you only need 1 system backup and 1 data backup on the phone.)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Accidentally wiped os samsung note 3 (rooted)

Yep, you'll have to go to XDA and find a ROM.... There are stock based ROMs that have been cleaned up.... But for all, you'll have to download to a computer, load up TWRP and copy the ROM zip to the phone (read TWRP guides).

XDA should have some good info about the steps. It's not really that hard to do... Your phone already has a custom recovery, which is half the battle.