have spent some time trying to sort it out, you'd think in this day and age it would be plug and play
    03-26-2015 09:09 PM
    Beacuse ... that's the way Kies was written.

Phones use POP3, IMAP and SMTP, the standards the industry created back when Bill Gates decided to quit school. Microsoft developed its own "standards" and expects the entire industry to conform to them. The industry doesn't, because Microsoft, even though they think they are, aren't the entire universe. (The same applies to Apple - texting is SMS, not iMessage.)

There are apps that will sync the Outlook program (or Exchange Server, if that's what you're actually talking about) with Android devices, but they were written by people who needed to get around Microsoft's ego, they weren't written because Google didn't adhere to standards (which it did). Search the Play Store for outlook calendar.
    Crashdamage likes this.
    03-27-2015 06:14 PM
    Kies is a nightmare and screwed up my stuff. I had to switch to something else as it wasn't worth this trouble.
    03-29-2015 10:14 AM
    Kies is a nightmare and screwed up my stuff. I had to switch to something else as it wasn't worth this trouble.
    I've heard many stories about problems with Kies not working. Here are 5 Samsung Kies Alternative to Sync Outlook with Androids ... well, make that four. The Missing Sync is no longer available.
    04-06-2015 06:55 PM