Does anyone in the forum using Handcent receive texts from apps?

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Handcent Ad Issue...Help.

Does anyone in the forum that uses Handcent receive texts from apps? Since the last update I now almost daily, receive text messages from clash of clans. I tried to blacklist it and I can't. Is it a new way for Handcent to advertise? If so I may be forced to go back to stock as I don't mind paying for an app but I don't like paying for a yearly subscription.
I tried to contact them but no answer yet.

mikegarv

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Handcent Ad Issue...Help.

I've been receiving text message ads from AZ's for the past several days as well. Once you click on text message (to try and delete it) you are taken to the Google play store to download the app and the ad disappears. This is very annoying and will cause me to uninstall Handcent and return to stock sms app if this continues. It happens almost every time I open Handcent. Help please!

Posted via the Android Central App

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Well it does indeed seem to have happened after most recent update and not just to me. I do have 2 emails into them but haven't heard back yet. I even uninstalled an app that was free thinking it may have been pulling some shenanigans on me. I will wait a day or 2 and see.

tndsmith33

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Handcent is pushing ads now making them appear in the first or newest message spot. Good times. They want a yearly subscription out of users to remove the ads and give you a couple options which aren't worth the money.

Too bad too, it was such a good sms app.

John Walton1

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
You're not actually receiving text messages, they're just ads made to look like texts. Check the Google Play reviews, over 1000 new one star reviews in 24 hours. We've all come to expect ads but these are horrendous and this is proof that their working (people think its a text and probably clicking them)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance