Why can't I get my Note 3 to wake up with Hello Galaxy?

A

AC Question

Why can't I get my note 3 to wake up with "Hello Galaxy"

Since the lollipop update I haven't been able to get my phone to wake up with the "Hello Galaxy" command. I have made sure the settings in s voice are set for thus function. it used to work beautifully. Any ideas?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why can't I get my note 3 to wake up with "Hello Galaxy"

Since the lollipop update I haven't been able to get my phone to wake up with the "Hello Galaxy" command. I have made sure the settings in s voice are set for thus function. it used to work beautifully. Any ideas?

Welcome to Android Central!

Do you have Google Search or Google Now listening as well. There is probably an issue where you need to turn off Google's OK Google feature.

Elvin Pena

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

You need to make sure that the "Hello Galaxy" voice command feature is turned on.
double tap home button>tap Menu Button lower left corner> Turn on Wake Up Commands. There are other features in that menu as well.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

You should go back into S voice and turn off the feature. Then, turn it back on. It should work again
For some unknown reason, this often happens after an upgrade.

Posted via Android Central App

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central!

Do you have Google Search or Google Now listening as well. There is probably an issue where you need to turn off Google's OK Google feature.

You do not have to turn off "OK Google"

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

On my Note 3 the command is
"Hi Galaxy"

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

On my Note 3 the command is
"Hi Galaxy"

It doesn't matter. If set up correctly, either command, "Hello Galaxy" or "Hi Galaxy", should work. I just confirmed that with my Note 3.

scratchfwb

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Everything is on and still not working. And hands free won't read incoming texts. This is so frustrating

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

Everything is on and still not working. And hands free won't read incoming texts. This is so frustrating

I found that voice commands for "answer or reject" will not work unless.......settings > phone > sound and notifications > UNcheck- vibrate when ringing.