WIFI Sign in prompt missing after Lollipop update?

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I got the Lollipop update on my AT&T Note 3 and since then I've had a small issue. Here at work we have a "guest" WIFI network that has a simple sign in page where you have to tap accept on the terms and conditions. Before the L update my Note 3 would notice the network and give a notification that sign in was required before actually connecting to the network.

After the update it connects to the Guest wifi network and never prompts me to sign in to the network. I have to go into Chrome and try to access an external web page before it redirects me to the sign in page. Has anyone else noticed this behavior after the update? I backed up via Kies, reset to factory, then restored backup but it didn't help.

Thanks,
-Brett.

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried forgetting that network, then connecting again?

I believe I tried that already, but just in case I just went through and cleared all but my home network from the list of remembered connections. I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning when I get to work to see if this had any impact.

Thanks,
-Brett.

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried forgetting that network, then connecting again?

OK, I tried that this morning but it didn't help. Last night I removed the network. This morning I came in, I found the network (it didn't give a notification that the network was available, I had to go into WIFI settings and choose the network. Once it connected, I was not prompted to go to the sign in page. I left it sitting for a few minutes in case it was a timing thing.

Any other ideas?

Here's the settings I have under Wi-Fi:
Smart Network Switch - Unchecked
Network Notification - checked
Passpoint - unchecked (tried checking it, didn't seem to help)
Always allow scanning - checked

Thanks,
-Brett.

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site
OK, no replies since my last update. Let me phrase this another way - does anyone's Note 3 give the "sign in required" message regarding a WIFI network since the Lollipop update?

Thanks,
-Brett.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
For me there are bunches of occasions I have had to enter a browser to proceed. I got over it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Michael Pelley

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to bump this post. I'm on a flight home and stopping in several airports so far, it's impossible for me to connect to wifi because there is no sign in page. I keep getting HSTS warnings and that completely stops me from getting to the sign in page. Ridiculous that this has been overlooked.

ChuckChunder

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem on several devices and several networks. Try this (works for me) : Android device's Settings, WiFi, lookup the IP address of the problem network by connecting to it and clicking on Manage Network Settings. Enter that IP address into Chrome's top bar. Brings up the sign in page for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463