Hi Everyone,

I have a client who has Lollipop installed on his Bell Samsung Note 3. He's having an issue with the notifications of his text messages not appearing on the main screen when the device is locked. Notifications is turned on in Messaging, and in Notifications and Sounds it set to show all content. His email email notifications do display on the screen when the device is locked just not his text messages.

I had him to do a cache partition wipe and that hasn't resolved anything.

It works on my Note 4, so I wonder if this a bug on the Note 3 possibly?

Thanks,
    04-15-2015 02:22 PM
    Basic question, but he's definitely using the stock Messaging app for SMS, and not Hangouts or some other 3rd party app, right?
    04-16-2015 10:33 PM
    Basic question, but he's definitely using the stock Messaging app for SMS, and not Hangouts or some other 3rd party app, right?
    Yes because when I sent him a test message from my phone it appears in his Messages. (like mine do on my Note 4). They just don't show up when the screen is locked. I have have even gone into Messages -> Settings and turned off/on the Notification. Compared the all the settings to mine too. Still doesn't work.
    04-17-2015 03:46 AM
    See if it works in Safe Mode: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11473
    04-17-2015 10:52 AM
    Go into phone settings, then to Sound and notification, and then to Lock Screen, under which you will have 3 choices, either to show notifications, hide sensitive notifications, or not to show notifications at all. Perhaps, the last choice was selected, which could be changed to the first option.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-17-2015 11:25 AM
    Go into phone settings, then to Sound and notification, and then to Lock Screen, under which you will have 3 choices, either to show notifications, hide sensitive notifications, or not to show notifications at all. Perhaps, the last choice was selected, which could be changed to the first option.

Posted via Android Central App
    The choice you are referring to is the first thing I checked and enabled to "show all". Like I said the locked screen shows email notifications just not text messages.
    04-17-2015 11:43 AM