Soft Reset ????

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I have heard of a "Soft Reset".
What is that, how is it done
and what will it do for me??
Is Reset Settings the "Soft Reset"?
I would like to try other things and try to avoid a Factory Reset!! I have cleared the cache partition several times.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand, people use this term interchangeably with reboot (which is a better term anyway).

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No this is different than reboot.
Settings > General>Backup and Reset>Personal Data>Reset Settings.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

Samsung must have added that feature into Settings. I don't have that option at all on my Nexus 5 or M8.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Joe, a soft reset is turning the phone off (powering down - not just reboot) and then turning it on again.

That is different than anything you have in settings. As far as the settings option you mentioned, I think that may be carrier specific because I do not have that option on my TMO Note 3 and have never seen it before.

Does it say anything under "reset settings" and does it also have an option there that says "factory data reset"? If it doesn't, then it may be the same as factory data reset so be careful of choosing it. Verify with your carrier what it means first if unsure.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Joe, a soft reset is turning the phone off (powering down - not just reboot) and then turning it on again.

That is different than anything you have in settings. As far as the settings option you mentioned, I think that may be carrier specific because I do not have that option on my TMO Note 3 and have never seen it before.

Does it say anything under "reset settings" and does it also have an option there that says "factory data reset"? If it doesn't, then it may be the same as factory data reset so be careful of choosing it. Verify with your carrier what it means first if unsure.

Too late! I did a Factory Reset and it fixed NOTHING! Waiting for the next update or patch!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000