Note 3 Not playing Selected Notification ringtone if Stored in External SD

evileyeball

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello All, Since Upgrading my Note 3 to Lollipop I've been having a strange issue with Notification tones.

If I select a Tone that is stored on my SD Card (Specifically /ExtSdCard/Media/Audio/Notifications) it plays fine when selecting it but each application (The stock Messenger, stock email etc.) Plays the Default Samsung Whistle for all notifications

I checked the settings and Settings > My Device > Sounds and Noticiations > Notification ringtone was properly set and like I say plays fine while selecting it

If I go into a specific application ie Messager or Email and set it to the notification I want it works but when set on "Default Notification tone" which should pull from the setting above. No dice.

I Checked and the location of the files I was trying to use as notifications was
ExtSdCard/Media/Audio/Notifications As it allways was back on KitKat when things worked

I tried one of the default notification tones which is not on my SD card and Low and behold it works

I coppied my notfications folder into the internal storage SdCard/Media.Audio/Notifications and selected that version of the file

It works.

Any Ideas as to why the Phone doesn't want to properly pull notification tones from ExtSdCard\Media\Audio\Notifications
I find it strange because I've allways Kept my ringtones in that same folder and Ring tones work
The phone rings properly with the selected tone from said folder.

When I was in KitKat It worked fine to have the files stored like this.

Google brought me no luck in finding a solution as everyone had similar yet different problems with the notification tone that were solved by volume or settings tweeks that I tried to no avail.

Its strange because if I select a tone in the settings of Messenger that lives in \ExtSdCard\Media\Audio\Notifications It plays fine yet when I select Default Notification Tone (which Points to exactly the same file location just set under the audio settings) No dice.

Any help is appreciated.