Lollipop OS - Home button not working and can't open apps, how can I fix this?

Tiffany Frederika

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Lollipop OS - Home button not working and can't open apps

I just updated my note 3 last saturday and it worked perfectly, I even love the white background and all. But today my phone can't perform correctly. The home button won't work, though S voice and S find still working, I can't open most of my apps. I can only open gallery, music, planner, calculator, I think just basic applications, but even so, I can't open phone, settings, or internet (browser) application. Every time I opened other applications, it will only take me to a black screen though I can still access my notification bar, so if I want to go back to home screen I have to open s finder from notification bar and search Go Launcher since I use it as my default launcher (by the way the launcher works). When my phone's opening S finder I can see the app I opened works, but only just a flash and when I press back from the S Finder, the app still just show me black screen.

I think there's a problem with the lock screen too. I set my phone so it immediately locked when I press the power button or after 5 minutes, but now my phone won't be locked, even after I rebooted my phone, it will directly take me to home screen instead of lock screen. I think it's caused by Go Locker, but I can't find the app since it doesn't show on S finder and I can't open settings. But I've tried safe mode and the problem still occurs, so maybe that's not really the cause. I downloaded some VR apps on Monday, but I've uninstalled them and it changes nothing.

I tried turning off my phone and removing the battery. It works, but I'm afraid that this will happened again. have anyone experienced the same thing or know something about this problem and how to prevent this? Thank you in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lollipop OS - Home button not working and can't open apps

Welcome to Android Central! If a reboot helped, that might be all you need to do. Just watch to see if it happens again--if so, there might be an app you installed that's causing instability.

It's also worth doing a cache partition wipe, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9049

Tiffany Frederika

May 19, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! If a reboot helped, that might be all you need to do. Just watch to see if it happens again--if so, there might be an app you installed that's causing instability.

It's also worth doing a cache partition wipe, which won't erase any personal data:

It does works, but i forget to say in the original post that the first time I tried doesn't do anything. Then I remove my SD Card along with my battery. That's when it works, so may be it's my SD Card? Now my phone won't read it though I've placed it back.

Thanks for your advice. I'll try cache partition wipe later when there's time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Before you removed the card, did you Unmount first in Settings>Storage? If you don't unmount the card first, there's an increased chance of data corruption. It's not a huge chance, but it just depends on whether or not the device was busy writing something to the card at the time of removal. It's like removing a USB drive or an SD card from your computer without selecting Eject first in the Windows Explorer options.

But some file or files might have been corrupt already, which could have been causing those other problems. Insert the card into your computer and run chkdsk to look for bad sectors. http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech