Why aren't my dial codes working for my Samsung Note 3?

A

AC Question

Dial codes not working for my Samsung Note 3

Hello all. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I've recently switched phone carriers from Verizon to Ting to try and save some cash and am trying to get my phone working on their GSM network. I am attempting to enter a dial code on my Note 3, but it does nothing when I hit the final # symbol

When I look online at tutorials they always show # being the last button you hit for dialer codes and the code being auto accepted right after that so I have tried many codes listed on the internet (for instance *#06#), but the final # never goes through. I also tried hitting the call button after some of these, but it just tells me I am having either network connection problems or entered a bad IMI code. Any ideas on why my dial codes won't take?

Thanks
- Jan

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Dial codes not working for my Samsung Note 3

Hello all. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I've recently switched phone carriers from Verizon to Ting to try and save some cash and am trying to get my phone working on their GSM network. I am attempting to enter a dial code on my Note 3, but it does nothing when I hit the final # symbol

When I look online at tutorials they always show # being the last button you hit for dialer codes and the code being auto accepted right after that so I have tried many codes listed on the internet (for instance *#06#), but the final # never goes through. I also tried hitting the call button after some of these, but it just tells me I am having either network connection problems or entered a bad IMI code. Any ideas on why my dial codes won't take?

Thanks
- Jan

Welcome to Android Central!

The phone should just start working when you plug in the SIM card. Have you tried going in to the mobile networks in the settings and see if the carrier pops up.

Lizzybug123

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Dial codes not working for my Samsung Note 3

I have this same problem-the dial codes are not working for me. I am switching from Verizon to T-mobile and have completely reset the phone, added the t-mobile APN, forced stopped the setup wizard, and everything else i can find online. My phone is still giving me the error, "SIM" card is not from Verizon. Someone was showing how to do this another way using the dial codes, but none of them are working for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca