Can I get some help with a Note 3 Lollipop update problem I am having?

A

AC Question

note 3 lollipop update problem

Hello everyone
I rooted my note 3 awhile back using towelroot (because i dont know how to root so that was the easiest method) and it worked and used the root for a while and then almost a month ago i got an OTA update to 4.4.2 and i didn't know if i should unroot or what to do so i just installed the software update and it worked perfectly
Today i got my lollipop update and i downloaded it but everytime i tried to install it it reaches to 28% and then crashes and reboots the phone without updating and when i open my phone it has a message that says update failed use kies (something like that)
Can i get any help? I really want lollipop and having small knowledge about android isnt helping

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: note 3 lollipop update problem

Hello everyone
I rooted my note 3 awhile back using towelroot (because i dont know how to root so that was the easiest method) and it worked and used the root for a while and then almost a month ago i got an OTA update to 4.4.2 and i didn't know if i should unroot or what to do so i just installed the software update and it worked perfectly
Today i got my lollipop update and i downloaded it but everytime i tried to install it it reaches to 28% and then crashes and reboots the phone without updating and when i open my phone it has a message that says update failed use kies (something like that)
Can i get any help? I really want lollipop and having small knowledge about android isnt helping

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you unroot the phone before you tried to start the update? You will need to do that before it will update the phone.