my noteb 3 wont charge even after changing the charging port

Ma Lek

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
hi guys . my note 3 wont charge it giving me a red led it say charging but it stuck at 1 per cent for 3 hours i tried Differents chargers and differents cables . and then i changed the charging port with a new one but the same situation
what would be the problem plz help me and sorry for my bad english.?????

Ma Lek

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
thanx for the reply . i alredy changed the port befor and i will try another battery but if i try it and it didnt work what would be the problem ???? thanx sir

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
After that, it could be a component in the charging circuit. The 5 volts from the port doesn't just go directly to the battery. The components are distributed between the board that the port is on and the motherboard. (It could also be a defective replacement charging port board. Some of the non-Samsung aftermarket boards aren't very good.)

Ma Lek

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
yep . i just tried another battery and it didnt work same problem . so sir thanx for the reply plz tell me how is this components look like and how much it will cost me ??????? thanx plz reply

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You'll need a known good charging board - which you can't get from anyone on eBay. If that doesn't do it (in the shop, they'd put one in from a phone that works to see if yours is bad), you'll need a new motherboard - again, you can't be assured of getting a good one on eBay. If you buy one from Samsung and the battery still won't charge, you need a new motherboard.

A motherboard from Samsung will cost you more than a used, in-almost-perfect-condition Note 3 on Swappa, and you don't have to do anything but open the box, put your SIM in the phone and start using it.

Getting the components individually and replacing them isn't going to be possible - some of the chips aren't marked with any code that anyone but Samsung has information on. Buying a used chip is even more of a risk than buying a used motherboard. (Repairs aren't done at the component level any more, and boards aren't made to allow them to be. If components go bad, the board becomes electronic scrap. Not just with cellphones - all consumer electronics these days. Even the military does module-level repair on most things.)

Ma Lek

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
ok thanx i will try to do what you said to me if you can give me an ebay link for this components to see how it is and sorry

Homar Luna

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
He said they don't sell the components on ebay. You either have to take it to get fixed or buy a new phone.

Posted via the Android Central App