Can I get some help with my VZW Samsung Note 3 issues in Brazil with Tim chip?

A

AC Question

VZW Samsung Note 3 issues in Brazil with Tim chip

We are in Brasilia, Brazil now visiting family. Coming from California, I brought my Samsung Note 3 and my Dell laptop. We do have WiFi in Brasilia, but at the house it's only 3gigs, and even then the speed varies downward. I went to a Tim kiosk in Brasilia at the mall, and purchased a 10 gig data plan with about 1 hr of talk minutes. The young lady said others had done the same thing, and exchanging the SIM chip would work, as the phone automatically accommodates the new chip. After paying for the plan, about $60 US, we tried out the phone. While I was able to make and receive phone calls, I couldn't use the "Hot Spot" or even the "Bluetooth Data" connectivity function. I also tried the USB data share. None worked. I need data for my laptop, and thought using the phone would be a great way to solve both phone needs and WiFi needs all in one. The error I keep getting when I try the "Hot Spot" is ..... "Checking Subscription Status"..... then..... "Unable to Connect, Validation Error." I was thinking that maybe the kiosk person missed something when she set up the account. (?) On her recommendation, I'm going to the Samsung Store today, as I was told they've got a technician there. She actually said they don't have technical support. (?) There's also a Tim store, versus the kiosk. But I doubt they'll be any better technically than the kiosk. Normally, I'd expect a US vendor to credit me back until they could get this all to work. But this is not how things usually work here in Brazil. I should have anticipated issues. It would be helpful if someone in the forum actually knew of this issue and a remedy.

mikehanxp

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: VZW Samsung Note 3 issues in Brazil with Tim chip

We are in Brasilia, Brazil now visiting family. Coming from California, I brought my Samsung Note 3 and my Dell laptop. We do have WiFi in Brasilia, but at the house it's only 3gigs, and even then the speed varies downward. I went to a Tim kiosk in Brasilia at the mall, and purchased a 10 gig data plan with about 1 hr of talk minutes. The young lady said others had done the same thing, and exchanging the SIM chip would work, as the phone automatically accommodates the new chip. After paying for the plan, about $60 US, we tried out the phone. While I was able to make and receive phone calls, I couldn't use the "Hot Spot" or even the "Bluetooth Data" connectivity function. I also tried the USB data share. None worked. I need data for my laptop, and thought using the phone would be a great way to solve both phone needs and WiFi needs all in one. The error I keep getting when I try the "Hot Spot" is ..... "Checking Subscription Status"..... then..... "Unable to Connect, Validation Error." I was thinking that maybe the kiosk person missed something when she set up the account. (?) On her recommendation, I'm going to the Samsung Store today, as I was told they've got a technician there. She actually said they don't have technical support. (?) There's also a Tim store, versus the kiosk. But I doubt they'll be any better technically than the kiosk. Normally, I'd expect a US vendor to credit me back until they could get this all to work. But this is not how things usually work here in Brazil. I should have anticipated issues. It would be helpful if someone in the forum actually knew of this issue and a remedy.

mikehanxp

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
obviously its not gonna work.....
you bought phone from US.. and that phone is programmed to connect to US telecommunication company verizon tmobile sprint etc. and ur in brazil trying to use hotspot? with their network? good luck with reprogramming it or else its never gonna work

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan