Why did samsung make their phones that if you want to use 4G you can't force it to stay on 4G. If you switch to 4G and your network provider supports 4G you can't force your phone to use nothing but 4G as far as I know. If i use 3g or 2g then I can force the phone to only use 3g or 2g depending what i select bug not 4G kind of wonder why I bother to use 4G in an area with little or no signal at times. But when I can get 4G it is so much faster than anything else and uses such a small amount of data.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-28-2015 08:01 PM
    Why did samsung make their phones that if you want to use 4G you can't force it to stay on 4G. If you switch to 4G and your network provider supports 4G you can't force your phone to use nothing but 4G as far as I know. If i use 3g or 2g then I can force the phone to only use 3g or 2g depending what i select bug not 4G kind of wonder why I bother to use 4G in an area with little or no signal at times. But when I can get 4G it is so much faster than anything else and uses such a small amount of data.

I'm not sure why the device can't be locked to 4G LTE, but the technology does consume more battery and people are more likely to blow through data on 4G than they are on 3G or less.
    08-28-2015 09:45 PM
    That and 2 / 3 G is more widespread then some LTE netowrks so by forcing to LTE you also have the ability to loose network connectivity.
    And / or not all network are set up for VoLTE but 2 / 3 g networks do carry voice and data. So if you still need a voice call, such as 911, you have access to a for sure network versus a less reliable LTE that may or may not be there and may or may not support VoLTE.
    08-29-2015 03:53 PM
    I just like the fact that 4G is faster and I don't believe if you take less time to do something because your on a faster connection then you don't use as much data.

08-29-2015 10:43 PM