I have a 64GB sd card in my note but take a lot of video and was thinking about getting another. I'm curious if there would be any problems of swapping sd cards regularly. would I need to move any app related data onto the internal sd card?

My main purpose is for shooting video at smooth motion setting. I find that I'm actually getting close to filling up the card after a day and just want to see if there is an option to be able to add a fresh card if I need to.

Anybody have any insights in this?

Thanks!
    09-09-2015 09:37 PM
    That would potentially cause problems temporarily for any app that you may have moved to the external SD card. When you move an app, you're only moving a portion of that app. If you unmount the card (and you should always unmount it before you physically remove it), I think those apps that have been moved to the card will be temporarily unusable. You'd have to move all of the apps back to the phone's storage if you wanted to keep using those apps while the card is out. You may also set yourself up for more confusion if you happen to install an app while a different card is inserted, and if you move that app to that card--then you start having different apps moved to different cards.

If you want to swap cards, my suggestion would be to make sure none of your apps are moved to SD.
    09-10-2015 12:56 AM
    Or maybe get an OTG adapter (they're like $15 on Amazon for a Samsung brand one, or less than $2 for an off brand), and a handful of thumb drives, and not have to worry about opening up the phone and messing with internal SD anymore? When the internal is about full, just plug in the OTG, a thumb drive, move the video files over, unplug, carry on smartly?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung--R205U...cUvbUpU4674799
    09-10-2015 11:19 AM
    Why don't you just get a 128GB card. Its a little more money now, and then much less wear and tear on your phone later. Plus, no app issues related to switching cards..
    09-11-2015 09:21 AM