So it'll be two years this month that I've had this thing. For about 16-18 months, I was still liking it quite a bit. Then it started doing a couple of annoying things, like constantly connecting and disconnecting from my Wi-Fi; like, every time I turn off the display, it disconnects. When I hit the home button and swipe to unlock, it reconnects. And one or two of my contacts whom I text with frequently, it would no longer give me any notification chime at all. Others, worked fine. But on those, nothing. That's even when specifying different sounds.

So despite not really wanting to, I did a factory reset in the hopes of fixing this stuff. Well, it fixed the text notifications, but then other stuff started getting weird.

The wi-fi issue is still around, but very intermittent. At least it's better.

The phone ringer no longer rings half the time when somebody calls. In fact, today, somebody called and it rang normally (which surprised me). I muted it because I was busy. Since then they've called back two more times and neither time did it ring.

Text messages sometimes take forever to send. Sometimes they even take forever to receive -- last night for example, I was texting with somebody. They said something. I was writing out a reply that took a few minutes. I hit send, and as soon as it sent, another message of theirs popped in before mine, with a time stamp of one minute later than their previous reply, even though the one I just sent was four minutes later. This has happened a lot and it prevents the notification noise from sounding even after the screen goes black (this is different than the previous problem before the reset).

I thought there was more, but that's all I can think of right now. To its credit, other than that it's doing okay. Battery life is still decent, the display still looks good, etc. It's held up well, but it's spent its whole life in an Otterbox case. My only other complaint is that when plugged in in the car, if I'm, say, playing Pandora and using Waze, it won't charge... the slow charge rate can't keep up with the power requirements.

Rob
    10-03-2015 07:59 PM
    Have you tried it in Safe Mode, to see if the problem stems from a 3rd party app? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11473

Charging in a car is often very slow, since the current provided by most car charging plugs is less than a typical wall plug. If you're doing something on the phone that uses a fair amount of juice, it may outpace the charging rate.
    10-03-2015 08:34 PM
    Are you sure you don't have it to turn off WiFi while the screen is off or it is sleeping?

I don't still have my Note 3 to check, but it should be in the settings and then maybe advanced.

They now make fast chargers for the car and the Note 3 should support that.
    10-03-2015 08:39 PM
    I bet it's the SD card going bad that's causing the intermittent problems. See if taking the card out, and then reconfiguring your ring tone, makes that problem go away.
    The Wifi issue is probably set to shut itself off like Kelly said above.
    The battery is probably getting old and doesn't hold a charge like it used to, and as others mentioned, car chargers have a lower current output so they naturally take longer.
    10-05-2015 09:30 AM