iPhone 6s Plus vs Galaxy Note 3: Note 3 won!

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered an iPhone 6s Plus on pre-order day. I didn't get the order in til mid-afternoon so it didn't arrive until yesterday. I was eager to give iOS another try after being away from it for two years.

By 6 pm last night (exactly six hours after it arrived), I knew I wasn't going to keep it. I couldn't wait to get my Note 3 back... which I just got back from doing. A local AT&T store reactivated it for me. Tomorrow I have to go up to Portland (an hour drive) to return the iPhone.

Why'd I pick my Note 3 over the iPhone 6s Plus? Lemme count the ways (in no particular order)...

Why the hell is the iPhone still stuck with a 4:3 camera sensor?

Why is the 6s unable to take a decent low-light photo when my two year old Note 3 does a better job?

Why am I still unable to share photos with apps like TweetBot, TweetCaster, Skype, etc, without having to go into that app and specifically accessing my photos? It's stupid and moronic. It's high time iOS supported the setting of default apps.

The lack of an "app drawer" so that I can have as many or as few icons on a given page as I want, positioned where I want them.

I may only use one widget (a weather one), but I'm quit attached to it. Why doesn't the iPhone support this sort of thing yet?

I used to think Android's settings were confusing; nope, the iPhone's are way worse.

Android's status bar and pull-down notification page is WAY better than the iPhone's.

iOS' version of "folders" is moronic. They have this huge screen and only allow nine icons on each folder "page."

3D Touch did absolutely nothing for me. It seems novel or even slightly gimmicky right now. In a year or so when more apps support it, maybe it'll be worthwhile.

I use the Swype keyboard on Android. I installed it on iOS and it isn't anywhere near as configurable, nor does it have the long-press characters on the keys like on Android.

The one thing I liked about the 6s was the TouchID and home button. It worked great. I've always disliked the thin Home button on my Note 3. But that alone wasn't worth it.

I could probably go on and on but I think that'll do. As for my next phone, it won't be a Note 5... same skinny home button and Samsung's unwillingness to correct the S-Pen insertion problem. I'm leaning towards the Nexus 6P, or pick up a used Note 4 on eBay maybe.

Rob

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay