Note 3 will not power off, restart or factory reset. What can I do?

A

AC Question

Note 3 will not power off, restart or factory reset

McAfee locked me out of my phone. I put the PIN in and everything seemed fine. However, the phone refuses to restart, power off or factory reset. It also says there's no SIM in the phone. When the phone does try to restart it vibrates quickly twice then goes to the home screen, same as when i try to power off or factory reset. Also, the OTA is trying to kick in, but says it cannot download etc but won't stop trying to check for updates thus draining the battery quickly. I have no home button so i can't enter recovery mode. I've tried taking the battery out also for a while but when I pop it back in it's the same issues over again. I know if I can just get it to restart or power off so that everything resets it just may work again for me. Right now I cannot make calls or send messages! I have no root or custom roms installed on my Note 3.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 3 will not power off, restart or factory reset

Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean you don't have a Home button? Is it broken, or did the phone not come with one? If the latter, then you might have a clone or knockoff, which could explain why it's malfunctioning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21