System update & now alarm sound won't work, alarms is set to priority intuerptions

TKKMFamily

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I have a note 3 on T-Mobile. I received a system update on 12/29/15 I think it was. (within the last week anyway). I have missed my alarm the past few days so started to dig around to see why. My alarm is going off but no sound is happening. I turn my phone to vibrate only allow priority interruptions each night. I double checked and my alarm is still set as a priority interruption. I am not sure what else to try as it seems a setting was changed when I got the system update. I have Jury duty tomorrow and would really like my alarm to be working!!!! lol

Wraith99

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I have the same phone model and the same issue.

T-Mobile, or whoever built their image, made the alarm function even worse than it already was. The alarm is no longer considered a priority interrupt, despite the screen clearly stating it's always a prioirty. Set your volume to vibrate with the always interrupt option and the alarm will sound. This isnt a great work around however as every other status update or message you receive will make your phone vibrate/beep as well. Truly hate the alarm function in Lollypop.

Hope this helps.

TKKMFamily

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
The work around option I have been using is leaving sound on and turning my phone to airplane mode when I go to bed. That stops any other notifications, like text etc... but allows the sound of the alarm to still function.