How do I delete ALL my contacts in ALL my acounts ?

ship69

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello

My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone has about 5+ dulicates for every contact.
I am absolutely SICK of this. I just want to delete all the contacts on my phone in all my accounts. Linking contacts doesnt work as they still appear in Contacts on separate lines.

I seem to have up to one entry for each of:
- Exchange
- gmail / google
- whatsapp
- viber
- DejaOffice
- Twitter
- Nine ?
- Outlook ?
- Linked in ?

I tried various things to only display contacts from my master list (Outlook/Exchange) but that failed. It either hid all my contacts so that I could only find them if I searched, or showed all the duplicates.

NIGHTMARE.

Out of desperation I even tried downloading this app
"Delete All Contacts"
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.DeleteAllContacts&token=XE3y6bj4
...which says be very careful as it will delete all contacts from your device.

It ran for about 2 minutes. It seemed to find about 6000 contacts....

But the [Removed by Moderator] contacts are still there !!

How do I get rid of them ALL so that I can start again?

With thanks

J

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried looking at your contacts in GMail on a desktop? That might have better success at merging contacts than on the phone itself.

ship69

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Perform a factory reset. When you log back in the contacts should be gone.

If I did that presumably I would need to re-install everything on my phone, yes. That would be a mighty pain but tempting...

Wait - would I delete ALL my data too (including photos etc). Not ideal.
If I run some sort of backup (I think Samsung have something???) and then restore would I restore all the contacts too?

ship69

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried looking at your contacts in GMail on a desktop? That might have better success at merging contacts than on the phone itself.

The Stazi at Google have changed their accounts manager and I can see no way to do it on a desktop PC, unless I destroy my email account too.

ship69

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
To get clear, I want to:
A) Delete ALL contact data in ALL my accounts
B) Just display my Outlook (ms Exchange) data

Thanks

ship69

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello

How do I stop each of my Contacts appearing multiple times when I search?

If I go Contacts ==> and then scroll up and down, each contact only appears once.
However, as soon as I search for a name in the search bar every contact appears at least twice, sometimes three or four times! Nightmare.

Any help gratefully received.

J

P.S. I have gone into Contacts ==> menu button ==> Settings ==> Contacts ==> Contacts to display ==> only the MS Exchange icon with my email address written beside it is ticked.