Note 3 Can't play video in Gallery, how can I get this to work?

A

AC Question

Note 3 "Can't play video" in Gallery

As of today (1/30/16) I am not able to watch any of my videos in the gallery. They load up and display the thumbnail but loaded a message appear that says, "Video can't be played." I've reset the phone, taken the SD card out, cleared all cache's on the phone, reset the phone and cleared the cache through the reboot menu, and still nothing! On Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and Samsung Video I can still watch stuff but it's just my gallery. ALL of the videos show that message now. None of the SD card ones play nor the ones saved to the storage of the phone. Any suggestion? The files don't seem corrupt as I said I can still see my pictures and even thumbnails of the videos, I can also still watch them through the Samsung video app so what the heck? I can also still record videos and take pictures as I have 7gb of storage left. Thanks in advance.

OneBadLadd

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note 3 "Can't play video" in Gallery

Exact same problem here with my Galaxy S5! Just started last night 01/29/2016... All videos in Gallery will not play. I can play them in my dropbox folder with no issue. When I download them to my gallery, "Can't Play Video" comes up. I can't even play videos I have taken! This just started. I will try to uninstall the google update as suggested. Thank you!

BRob72

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site

You can either:
Go to Google Play and go to My apps and find Google+
Or
Go to Settings - Application manager find Google+ and click it and then uninstall updates

Posted via the Android Central App

vanessa cumla

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

thank you for the help, i been figuring out whats the problem since 4 days now, and all of that its only from google+ thank you.. god bless

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I just found this forum after doing a google search for why my video will no longer play on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I can indeed confirm that uninstalling the Google+ updates fixed the problem.

Thank you to whoever originally posted the solution to this problem.

--=JAB=--

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie