Lag while saving contacts to Note 3

Yash Shah8

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
My phone otherwise works like a charm but a very irritating problem has come up.

1. When i save a contact (to device or anywhere) it just gets stuck on the saving screen when i press save.

2. After about a painful 2-4 minutes it saves. Even for simple contacts with 1 number and 1 name.

3. Restarting the phone solves this problem for few saves. It then comes back.

4. I have tried clearing cache system partion, clearing contacts cache, disabled sync from all 3rd party apps, erased all contacts on cloud and transferred all to device, upgrade memory card to 64 GB. nothing helps.

Ps: I have lot of business card based contacts from the stock contacts app. I momentarily installed an app to update whatsapp and fb pics onto contacts, so many contacts have pics. I have since erased off these 2 apps called sync me and contacts optimizer.

SM N900 Android 4.4.2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say this happens when saving to the Device account or anywhere, does this occur when saving to your Google account as well?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You've also tried going to Settings>Apps and clearing the cache/data from Contacts and Contact Storage? But only do this is all of your contacts are stored to your Google account -- don't do it if you also save contacts to the local Phone account, because clearing the Contact Storage data will wipe out those contacts forever.

May 28, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You've also tried going to Settings>Apps and clearing the cache/data from Contacts and Contact Storage? But only do this is all of your contacts are stored to your Google account -- don't do it if you also save contacts to the local Phone account, because clearing the Contact Storage data will wipe out those contacts forever.

I have Ulefone Armor X5, and yes the same problem happen to me. I've tried clearing data from contacts, restarting, nothing changes.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using an SD card? If so, try unmounting and removing the card, and trying to save a contact again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It may just have to do with glitchy firmware from Ulefone. Can you try a 3rd party contacts app to see if it still happens?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I doubt any other 3rd party contact app will help. You mentioned clearing the app cache/data for the Contacts app, but what about the Contacts Storage system app?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae