Samsung Galaxy Note 3 shut down by itself :( how can I stop this?

A

AC Question

Samsung galaxy note 3 shut down by itself :(

hello sir, i have a problem that need to be fixed :(
i have galaxy note 3 which is always shuts down by itself so many times, it appears randomly, sometimes i can use it for 8hours then shut down, sometimes before the process boot is done it already shut down.. i wonder what's wrong with my phone..
i use this phone for 2years or more i guess..

i did wipe all of my data
i did clear cache..
i did check the screws are all tight..
so is the problem with my battery or inner hardware?

i can use it normally (not normal afterall, only 8 hours maximum) after trying 3-10 attempts to switch on after it shuts down by itself (off - on , repeatedly)

thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy note 3 shut down by itself :(

Welcome to Android Central! After it shuts off, is the battery suddenly drained? If so, it could be a battery dendrite, which can lead to sudden drops in battery level. This is not fixable, so you'd have to get a new battery.

Otherwise, it could be some 3rd party app you installed that is causing the instability. Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11473

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

brewws

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site

no, battery not drained, and i did wipe all of my data / factory reset, and installing a few social media e.g path line whatsapp, no more else.. still the same..oh the problem chance is bigger when i open apps such as path, IG(opened path 10times, 6 times shut down)..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Corrupt SD cards can cause various issues as well, so if you have one inserted, go to Settings>Storage, and tap Unmount. Then see if the problems persist.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to tell without seeing more battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol