Is there any way to disable the menu button on a Note 3 WITHOUT rooting?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Note 3. I got the menu button wet the other day and now it presses itself almost constantly- flashing menu screens and opening the S Finder, making the phone basically unusable. Is there any way to disable this button WITHOUT rooting? For some reason, my phone refuses to root with all the applications I have tried (and I don't have a computer that I can use to root it on). I still have android 4.4.2, for some reason it won't update the software. Any solutions? I'm also willing to possibly remove internal components or anything if it will disable the button.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

There is no way to do this, even with rooting I believe. Here's a couple options.

1. Get a shop vac, with a small dust attachment. Hold it near the bottom ports and let it suck out for about 5 minutes.
2. Place the device in a ziplock bag (no battery & cover off) surrounded in rice, over night and in a warm place.
3. Use Shop Vac (or vacuum) and be sure to suck all fragments of rice out. Then retry.

Hope this helps!

Chris

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Note 3. I got the menu button wet the other day and now it presses itself almost constantly- flashing menu screens and opening the S Finder, making the phone basically unusable. Is there any way to disable this button WITHOUT rooting? For some reason, my phone refuses to root with all the applications I have tried (and I don't have a computer that I can use to root it on). I still have android 4.4.2, for some reason it won't update the software. Any solutions? I'm also willing to possibly remove internal components or anything if it will disable the button.

Welcome to Android Central!

The only apps for non rooted devices I have seen are for only the back light. You will need root more than likely to disable that button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37