Today, while I was watching Youtube, my Note 3 screen froze and restarted by itself. I assumed it was fine as it had happened before. However, it was stuck with the SAMSUNG word on the screen for relatively long period of time.

When it finally got past that screen, all I saw was a black screen. However, I could the notification bar at the top(The bar where you see the time, wifi, etc), and could even pull it down.

I tried using other phones to call it which worked, but i was unable to answer the call.

I tried plugging in headphones which it detects. I was able to get into my Music through the headphone notification, and it works except for some bugs.

I am able to screenshot. The first time I turned on the phone, There were multiple popups saying something stopped. When I got into my music, the popups said "android.process.media" and "contact storage" had stopped. Everytime after I click OK on the notifications, the screen goes black for a second or two. There was also a notification which said that my google music wouldnt work as Google Play Services were missing from my phone, while I do have them.

Even my alarms work, although I have to wait for them to stop as I am unable to swipe it.

Please Help.
    05-17-2016 08:13 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I've seen a couple of posts similar to this lately. Can you boot into Recovery and wipe the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11017
    05-17-2016 04:03 PM
    How did you solve your problem, I have the same one and have not any working solution
    Please give some feedback

many thanks
    05-19-2016 12:40 AM
    Hey. I also face a similar problem with my Note 3 n9005. In my case, it happens when I power up from completely off, and when it appears, almost always I'd reboot once more until I get to the lock screen, problem solved.

The only variables that exist that MAY explain the problem (but not the root of it) are the SD card used, the apps installed, and the battery you have. My battery's almost 2.5 years old now and the 64GB Sandisk is about a year old. I'M BETTING THAT IT IS A ROGUE APP THAT'S INDUCING THE PROBLEM, especially on Android Lollipop because this problem NEVER appeared prior to Lollipop, specifically because of their "Smart Manager," I think it interferes with apps that need to start automatically (autostart apps) and that's why the problem rears itself. That's just a hunch but that's the ONLY variable conaistent with reports about this (All appeared on Lollipop Notes, almost zero reports prior to it)
    05-19-2016 09:08 AM
    Hi
    Please help! I have the same problem!!!
    What was your solution?
    I have restarted several times, even I pressed Volume Down key for about 5 minutes to boot in safe mode, but again the lock screen is blank and I can only see the status bar and notifications and even connect to wifi and even recieving emails!
    there is also a notification saying "Get Google Play Service"
    06-13-2016 05:59 AM
    hi,
    I have the same problem. how did your problem solved?
    I did not receive any response from anyone from anywhere. So I tried on myself and started manipulating every corner. I tried bluetooth and I could backup my contacts. It was the first victory.
    I restarted into safemode by holding down the Down Volume for about 10 minutes! I wanted to try calling via pc via bluetooth. Just as a blind try. Meanwhile I saw a Knox notofication I had seen before so I just clicked carelessly. Vow!! The Knox Lock Screen was there blinking behind some error messages. I tried my lock pattern but nothing happended. I tried more and more, I was thinking this may corrupt the LCD! because it was blinking and went on off rapidly.
    I saw that a counter is reducing. 20 attempts left.. 19 attempt... I worked hard till 4 or 3 then some message popup saying knox may be uninstalled. I said who cares? and went on. finally knox was uninstalled. I continued manipulating other available corners of the Note 3 and after a while I restarted and vow!! It was like back to life!

I came here writing for those who are out there seeking every corner of the web for a liitle bit of information.
    I backed up my stuff and did a factory reset. It seems fine now.

I suggest manipulating every possible sequence of events. It will pop up some error and then the answer may rise!
    best wishes
    06-18-2016 08:58 AM