Greetings fellow Androidians. I've got a very annoying problem on my Note 3.

I noticed it yesterday, never had any symptoms whatsoever before or leading up to it; but when I plug any headphones into the handset now, I hear slight buzzing in the background and notice similar noises everytime the wifi does anything for example. It's a bit like when you sometimes hear a buzzing on computers when you move the mouse cursor across the screen, music is also un-playable. It distorts like a big music distorting angry thing...I have heard people mention it can be due to dropping but the phone has never had any big drops, just a few standard "whoopsie daisy" moments where it's ended up with fairly minor standard dinks. Also I have just noticed that it makes a small pop when locking/unlocking the screen, this is from the main speaker tho, with no headphones plugged in and the speaker plays music fine as before. I did do a recent security update, could this have anything to do with it Chaps??

Many thanks.
    06-16-2016 10:58 AM
    Have you tried different headphones? What about BT ones, does the 'feedback' show up there as well? With wired ones it's usually radio interference from other signals, especially the longer the cable gets, but it could also mean that a connector or cable might be damaged or has lost insulation.
    Have you tried different headphones? What about BT ones, does the 'feedback' show up there as well? With wired ones it's usually radio interference from other signals, especially the longer the cable gets, but it could also mean that a connector or cable might be damaged or has lost insulation.
    06-16-2016 11:10 AM
    Thanks for the reply mate. I'm an *****, it's a NOTE 4.

Yes I just tried my Dre Beats and thy are doing exactly the same, also tested my original headphones on computer and sound was fine, so not a prob with the headphones. Hmm...I don't own any BT ones to try unfortunately. May have a friend with a BT speaker tho, if I can get hold of that I'll test with it.

Cheers Pal.
    06-17-2016 09:21 AM
    I'd try the BT headphones/speaker and if the problem is not there, then it's definitely something wrong with the headphone port. Might be a loose cable or a faulty connector. You could try blowing air into the hole to clean it out (make sure your phone is turned off and don't keep the air on for too long as it could create condensation from the cold air; keep the bursts short and not too many).

Another thing I'd try is to boot up in safe mode and try playing music there. If the issue is not present, then it's an app you have installed that's causing the problem.
    06-17-2016 11:33 AM