02-14-2019 09:11 AM
28 12
tools
    I have looked into every Note that has come out after buying my Note 3 and find it odd that how great the Note 3 was as a cell phone Samsung totally screwed up on keeping it a great phone. What they did in three updates was just take away things that set the Note 3 apart from all the others. Why not just keep all the the great Note 3 features and add to them? I will wait for the next Note to come out as my Note 3 still works great and looks as good as it did the day I bought it.

Something I think about when upgrading is "what do I get for the cost" and when it comes to cell phones this is blurred to an extreme. Lets look at what I would get for the cost if I upgrade to the Note 7 from my Note 3.

What I would gain that means something to me.
    Note 7 $849: I would gain Water Proofing.

What I would lose that I use a lot.
    Note 3 Own: IR Blaster, Battery Removal.

$849 for a cell phone that pretty much still does not live up to the Note 3 is crazy. Sure the Note 7 has a few bells and whistles but lacks an IR Blaster and Battery removal and if those things do matter to you than the Note 7 really has nothing worth $849 to upgrade for IMHO.

#Note3
    MDavis1955 and Shell913 like this.
    08-08-2016 10:53 AM
    ^^ keep the 3!
    MDavis1955 likes this.
    08-08-2016 11:05 AM
    So true!!#

Posted via the Android Central App
    MDavis1955 likes this.
    08-11-2016 11:48 AM
    Man o man. I couldn't agree with you in more than aspect given your profile pic.
    I tell ya, I haven't been able to justify upgrading my note 3 for the past almost 3 years.

A master reset along with a new battery a new tempered glass and case and it's like having a brand new device with a 5.7 inch display that hardly anything out there can touch.
    One thing that keeps me liking my note 3 is the squatter wider form factor. Everyone has something to say about my device It's a conversation piece when I pull it out in a social gathering.
    With that said and after reading your post, I think I'm going to hold on to my Note 3 for a little bit longer.
    Aquila and MDavis1955 like this.
    08-13-2016 05:17 PM
    I agree with everything that has been said. Although I wish for a better low light camera, it's hard to justify spending $850 for the Note 7 in order to get that.

Furthermore, with my 6400 mah Anker extended battery, I never have any power depletion anxiety.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Zello_Police likes this.
    08-14-2016 03:40 PM
    get the S7 edge! if you don't use s pen features. I loved my note 3 it bogged down on the kitkat days but after lollipop update it magically got a lot more smoother
    08-16-2016 10:26 PM
    My Note 3 is about to enter it's 4th year of service. Still running the original Jelly Bean out of the box, nothing wrong with it.
    I would love some extra resolution, a newer slicker version of android, a sexier phone in my hand in general, and the permission disabling abilities of Marshmallow- plus some other nifty features, but after laughing at the Note 5 and continuing to wait for a worthy replacement, all the Note7 did is make me consider buying a Note 4 and stuffing Marshmallow on it. Hell you can even get a ported Marshmallow for the Note 3 from what I saw while poking around today.

I went and held a Note 7 at the shop recently and both the glass and metal frame felt like plastic- and it was a working model not a dummy. Just more disappointment. Screen seemed a tad less bright aswell on max, but it was hard to compare against my N3 cause I couldn't get the damn thing (N7) to do what I wanted.
    The Note 3 is still great and worthy of it's place on the 'mobile red carpet'. If anything happens to it I'll be getting a 4 though, the unmistakably metal body, 1440p and official MM would be worth the speaker position tradeoff. And they're about $450 AU sealed new now. The Note7 is $1350 AU.... 3 times the cost- and reports are coming in of Gorilla Glass 5 scratching easily.

Hail the Note 3.
    Simonjamesallan likes this.
    08-20-2016 05:51 AM
    Cool reading the replies. Its funny I am on my 3rd Otterbox Defender case (get them off eBay cheap) my phone is like new when removed. Still original battery going on 3 years. I am looking into a Android 6.0 Rom should the apps start to not work or start making the phone slow down as I am on A5.0
    08-25-2016 06:16 PM
    Cool reading the replies. Its funny I am on my 3rd Otterbox Defender case (get them off eBay cheap) my phone is like new when removed. Still original battery going on 3 years. I am looking into a Android 6.0 Rom should the apps start to not work or start making the phone slow down as I am on A5.0
    5.0 should be able to run things plenty for at least another year or three.
    08-25-2016 06:19 PM
    I never owned a N3 but I love how small the bezels are.
    08-26-2016 09:24 AM
    Well I just found out that with Andorid 7 which came out on Aug 22 Qualcomm will not be updating the Note 3 chips for it. The line has been drawn and now the end of the Note 3 is counting down. I have Auto Update off but in time apps will stop working. I am thinking another year or so?
    08-26-2016 10:42 PM
    Well I just found out that with Andorid 7 which came out on Aug 22 Qualcomm will not be updating the Note 3 chips for it. The line has been drawn and now the end of the Note 3 is counting down. I have Auto Update off but in time apps will stop working. I am thinking another year or so?
    My guess is two years before any apps that matter aren't supported; or longer.
    08-26-2016 11:14 PM
    Until yesterday I would have agreed with every Note3 lover statement but my s pen isn't working and I can't get a replacement. Spark (where it was bought) says "buy online" while Samsung say "buy from this list of retailers.." Bummer. I will not replace the phone with another Samsung if there's no support here in New Zealand.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-29-2016 10:37 PM
    Until yesterday I would have agreed with every Note3 lover statement but my s pen isn't working and I can't get a replacement. Spark (where it was bought) says "buy online" while Samsung say "buy from this list of retailers.." Bummer. I will not replace the phone with another Samsung if there's no support here in New Zealand.

Have you checked Amazon?
    08-29-2016 10:55 PM
    Hi, I checked with Amazon and although I didn't source it there, I am getting the genuine article from an ebay trader - which I probably wouldn't have considered without your suggestion. So thank you! No sooner had I done this when my pen decided to perform again. Technology huh, still, I reckon it's on the way out :-)

mediasvi likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:15 PM
    I just ordered a new factory S-Pen off of eBay under $10 free shipping. Works perfectly.

With all of the talk about the Note 8 I still am thinking it will not be worth the money. Going forward the Note 3's biggest draw back is going to be developers not writing for it. Looking at Note 4's now as they are 64 bit which means they should be around a long time.
    03-15-2017 03:23 PM
    I just ordered a new factory S-Pen off of eBay under $10 free shipping. Works perfectly.

With all of the talk about the Note 8 I still am thinking it will not be worth the money. Going forward the Note 3's biggest draw back is going to be developers not writing for it. Looking at Note 4's now as they are 64 bit which means they should be around a long time.
    Hey, just wondering what decision you made about your next Note or whatever?
    08-14-2017 01:34 AM
    Hey, just wondering what decision you made about your next Note or whatever?
    Well today I compared the stats of the Note 3 to the Note 8 and I do not like it. I think curved glass is a fad and useless to me. The Note 8 is thinner and longer also. I am staying with my Note 3 and looking to buy a new Note 4 for it's 64bit OS, together they should take care of my cell phones needs for many more years to come.
    08-25-2017 07:03 AM
    I am looking at N4's now. I love my N3 but would like better camera quality.

10-31-2017 07:36 PM
    Your forgot to mention that upgrading to another phone you will also love humidity sensor and temperature sensor. 2 sensor that I never saw in any other phone.
    The temperature sensor is useless but the humidity sensor is pretty good and it does help me.
    I live in a area that have a severe dry season and I programed my Note 3 to tell me when humidity is below 30% before I go to sleep to remind me to put the humidifier into work.
    I even went to the website of the manufacturer of the sensor and asked which other phones they supply sensors to and got no reply.
    01-16-2018 04:34 PM
    My guess is two years before any apps that matter aren't supported; or longer.
    OMG I hope that's not gonna happen! I bought my Note 3 in summer 2017, my 1st smartphone. I was using a flip phone and a Palm E2/T5! Lots of research to find a phone that HAD to have: stylus, micro SD, and removable battery. (optional was a screen big enough to watch anime, etc.) Spending spree: like new Note3 on Amazon for $150, a battery pkg (2 new batteries and a battery wall charger) for $40? (=rotate/backup) And a case for $10. Staying WAY behind technology saves a ridiculous amount of money! I see most "new tech" as toys. I would never spend that much for a "cool toy." Now I'm "upgrading" it with a factory pink back cover and pink stylus = less than $10 total... NOW it looks like a toy! haha
    (I plan on using the Note3 till the wheels come off)
    03-13-2018 09:38 PM
    Get the s8 active to upgrade the Note 3.
    05-25-2018 12:27 PM
    Well after 5 years today the first app to have a popup sign saying it will not work with my version of android I have, V5.0

I know this day would come..... what to do? Not only that but the case I use is not made any more and all there is is after market clones that suck. I hate the sizes of the Note 8/9 narrow and long! I am going to have to figure this out...maybe unlock my note 3 and install a rom?
    Shell913 and recDNA like this.
    10-31-2018 09:57 PM
    I personally don't have a note 3 but my gf does and she absolutely loves it. She got her note3 I think it was in 2014 and she said that it was the best investment in all the phones she had ever bought but now things are not wanting to work right on her phone it says that her phone isn't compatible or something like that and she's never had any problems before with anything. Her's still looks like new. She hasn't even had to replace the battery yet (knock on wood lol). But she's looked and looked trying to find another phone that would come close to the note 3 and she's had no luck in that at all. She don't like the newer notes she don't like the way there skinny and long she just don't like anything about them. She just wants to keep her phone and update the operating system somehow. Is that even possible? Is there away to update your operating system or is there a newer phone out there with the same similarities as the note 3 at all? Can/is there somebody anybody at all that can please help her/us out with this. Thank you it would really be much appreciated.
    recDNA likes this.
    11-30-2018 06:22 PM
    I personally don't have a note 3 but my gf does and she absolutely loves it. She got her note3 I think it was in 2014 and she said that it was the best investment in all the phones she had ever bought but now things are not wanting to work right on her phone it says that her phone isn't compatible or something like that and she's never had any problems before with anything. Her's still looks like new. She hasn't even had to replace the battery yet (knock on wood lol). But she's looked and looked trying to find another phone that would come close to the note 3 and she's had no luck in that at all. She don't like the newer notes she don't like the way there skinny and long she just don't like anything about them. She just wants to keep her phone and update the operating system somehow. Is that even possible? Is there away to update your operating system or is there a newer phone out there with the same similarities as the note 3 at all? Can/is there somebody anybody at all that can please help her/us out with this. Thank you it would really be much appreciated.
    The LGV20 has most of the Note 3 features and has Oreo so should be good for a couple of years. It is no longer available new but Swappa has used ones cheap. It has the normal 16/9 ratio the Note 3 has and an ir blaster like Note 3. It's why I bought it when my Note 7 had to go back. I wish they sold refurb Note 7 in USA.
    12-01-2018 11:24 AM
28 12