How do i remove the su file in xbin

bleusky_1

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm using Samsung Note 3, i had never root my device. Usually, when i installed some official apps, i still be able to use it. However, when i updated those apps to the latest version recently, my device can no longer use the apps, those apps include some samsung official apps. I had checked those requirements for the apps to work, i had met those requirements like Minimum RAM, android version and etc..

So, i try to checked whether my phone is rooted or not using the "Root Checker" app. It shown as follow:

Root Access: No access
SU: su found [/system/xbin]
UID/GID: n/auid=10378(u0_a378)
gid=10378(u0_a378)
groups=3003(inet),50378(all_a378)
context=u:r:untrusted_app:s0
Unix Utils: n/a
PATH: /sbin
/vendor/bin
/system/sbin
/system/bin
/system/xbin

There is a su file found, but i never root my device.
1. Can i know is it possible for user accidentally rooted a phone when installing some unofficial app? or any other action that caused the existence of su file in my device?

2. I had installed "ES File Explorer", and tried to remove the su file by enabling the Root explorer, but it shown " the feature cannot run on your device", so i had tried to remove the su file by going to the "/", then "system", and "xbin", to remove the su file, but it shown that "su file cannot be deleted". Is there any possible way to remove the su file?

3. Lastly, does anyone know that my device can't run those apps is it whether caused by the "su" file or any other main problem?

Kindly need your help, please. Thank you in advance.

Note: Tested on Latest version of "pokemon go" app, same problem appears, unable to run the app as those official Samsung apps.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm using Samsung Note 3, i had never root my device. Usually, when i installed some official apps, i still be able to use it. However, when i updated those apps to the latest version recently, my device can no longer use the apps, those apps include some samsung official apps. I had checked those requirements for the apps to work, i had met those requirements like Minimum RAM, android version and etc..

So, i try to checked whether my phone is rooted or not using the "Root Checker" app. It shown as follow:

Root Access: No access
SU: su found [/system/xbin]
UID/GID: n/auid=10378(u0_a378)
gid=10378(u0_a378)
groups=3003(inet),50378(all_a378)
context=u:r:untrusted_app:s0
Unix Utils: n/a
PATH: /sbin
/vendor/bin
/system/sbin
/system/bin
/system/xbin

There is a su file found, but i never root my device.
1. Can i know is it possible for user accidentally rooted a phone when installing some unofficial app? or any other action that caused the existence of su file in my device?

2. I had installed "ES File Explorer", and tried to remove the su file by enabling the Root explorer, but it shown " the feature cannot run on your device", so i had tried to remove the su file by going to the "/", then "system", and "xbin", to remove the su file, but it shown that "su file cannot be deleted". Is there any possible way to remove the su file?

3. Lastly, does anyone know that my device can't run those apps is it whether caused by the "su" file or any other main problem?

Kindly need your help, please. Thank you in advance.

Note: Tested on Latest version of "pokemon go" app, same problem appears, unable to run the app as those official Samsung apps.

Welcome to Android Central!

You might need to do a factory reset to see if that fixes the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad