Note 3. Sd card - detected or not?!

Galaxa

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
I am using the Samsung pro plus micro sdxc uhs-1 class 10 sd card.

Access to sd card/content not found via storage or my files. My files showing no ref at all to sd card.

However, in app manager, some apps have green checked box showing they have been moved to sd card.

I 'moved' pics & music to sd card but the content is still showing in the gallery & music apps, again, with no ref to sd card, would this b correct for a successful 'move' of files?

I don't know if the sd card is detected or not or if my files have been moved or not.

Having 'moved' things to sd card, my internal storage isnt showing much sign of relief. I am concerned that if I don't relieve the pressure asap, the device will malfunction beyond any reasonable use as it's deteriorating rapidly (is this what they call 'bricked'?).

I thought I should maybe try to move apps & files back to internal storage & then format the sd card & try again? If so, how would I do that safely pls? I am hoping that using app manager to move to internal storage should b sufficient for apps but if I can't access sd card content, & the gallery & music apps etc won't allow sd card content management, can I even move content back to internal storage :/ ?!

I was strongly suspecting that my sd card wasn't even being detected, but the apps with the checked boxes, & no warning msgs appearing when 'moving' content, is making me second guess that.

If anyone can help it would b greatly appreciated :)

Update: have now moved apps back to internal as much as I can & formatted sd card. During formatting it said 'unmounting' then 'formatting' but no sign of any options like exfat or fat32 etc & still no sign of sd card detected in my files & still can't find a way to access it.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html