Persistent error message popup about "android.process.media"

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, once again I have an issue with my Lollipopped SGN3 (Samsung Galaxy Note 3, SM-N900) phone. Due to a gradually increasing instability with its Android-5.0 I was left with no choice but to flash the phone and reinstall a fresh, genuine stock ROM for my country...this process was surprisingly successful. The phone no longer runs at high temperature, battery wastage has reduced significantly and it isn't sluggish as before.

The only anomaly that persists -albeit less frequently- is the recurring pop-up error message "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped" (see screenshot).

I don't know what is causing this even though I replaced the OS with a fresh copy of the original. Whatever issue arose from the upgrade from Android-4.3 to 4.4 and then to 5.0 is technically supposed to be history...unless I've missed something (I'm not yet experienced in the intricacies of stuff like this, hence my consulting with you great guys at this forum).

I will highly appreciate your insights into this issue I'm having. Thanks so much.
beaf690e11870d0c785bb9ecb59ca26b.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have no rooting/ROM experience, so I can't say for sure if this is an issue with the ROM. But for any other unrooted phone, I'd wonder about corrupt media files, either on Internal Storage or the SD card. If you a card inserted, does this persist if you Unmount the card?

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I've done that and it hasn't resolved the issue, in fact, I even carried out an integrity test on the memory card and its contents and both are intact (nothing missing, no errors, etc.).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz