02-22-2017 07:47 AM
928 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Does it have a halo?
    Yes. Big time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-24-2014 11:54 PM
    Hey folks I asked this question here before but i just looked back at the post where I asked and suddenly realize I did one lousy job of it. LIke I forgot how to use the English language...terrible.

Anyway...I know some folks have applied LiguidGlass to their N4's. The instructions say to apply to the whole exterior minding port openings etc. But my sense of it is that people that are using it are also wrapping a case around their N4. So are folks just using the LiquidGlass on the screen and in doing so are they staying away from the home button or just getting right up to the edge of it?

If left to my own devices, I would probably just do the screen. But I trust you guys here. If you guys are doing the whole device even then using a case, that is what I would do and I would also do what you guys are doing around the home button.
    10-25-2014 12:16 AM
    I also 1st bought the glass protector from zagg and returned it because of the halo and unsightly cracking effect on my expensive note4. Then I bought the zagg hdx and it's probably the closest thing to looking like glass without any halo effect. Covers the majority of the screen and I haven't had any halo. It's not glass but for now it's the best option for me and I am very detail oriented. HDX from zagg is a go until a good glass protector comes out.
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-25-2014 10:05 PM
    I got this delivered on Friday. I'm returning it on Monday. The screen barely covers the display screen let alone the rest of the front of the phone. Total disappointment. And I have a case on the phone. The screen was still very shy of even touching the case.

Bimmerz likes this.
    10-25-2014 10:43 PM
    I got this delivered on Friday. I'm returning it on Monday. The screen barely covers the display screen let alone the rest of the front of the phone. Total disappointment. And I have a case on the phone. The screen was still very shy of even touching the case.

You're not going to get a Glass protector that covers the whole display without the Halo effect.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    Bimmerz likes this.
    10-25-2014 10:45 PM
    You're not going to get a Glass protector that covers the whole display without the Halo effect.

We still can have hope
    10-25-2014 10:52 PM
    Well I have used a bodyguards and a zagg glass screen protector;a and neither of them work as intended. Around all 4 edges about a 6th of an inch the glass doesn't even stick to the screen because of the rounded edge of the note screen; and it's not even near the actual curved edge. So either the protectors need to manufacture curved edges or Samsung has a major design flaw which doesn't allow use of glass screen protectors.
    10-26-2014 03:13 AM
    So either the protectors need to manufacture curved edges or Samsung has a major design flaw which doesn't allow use of glass screen protectors.
    Can't see calling a rounded edge a design flaw.

It is the job of accessory manufacturers to make current products that actually fit the phone, not to keep pushing out products that only fit last year's model and mis-advertising them as "compatible and designed for the Note 4."
    JawjaBill likes this.
    10-26-2014 07:41 AM

I understand that, but this protector seems much smaller than some others. I'm not expecting for a glass protector to cover the curved edges. But there is definitely more room leading up to the curve that can be covered and the supershields just doesn't cut it. I'll wait or get a non glass protector in the meantime.

10-26-2014 09:24 AM
    I've always bought the glas.t tempered glass protectors from Spigen with each of the note devices (since Note 2), and the introduction if their "no matter what replacement" warranty exchanges for only $18, it is quite expensive, but you past for quality.

I haven't noticed any glare with mine, or it hasn't lifted off of the screen like others have done in the past.

Live life, love life, excel life...

N1 . N2 .. N3 ... N4 #ILE
    #ILoveEvolution
    10-26-2014 09:57 AM

Have you tried the Iioome flex?? It covers everything I have it on now.. But like every other person no one wants to spend the 25.00 for it but when they go and buy the 5.99 for 3 screen protectors and they don't fit right or when they drop their phone and the screen crack then the boo hoo start.. Me I have the outterbox and Iioome on my note 4 yes I spend 75.00 but now I have no worries.
    10-26-2014 10:04 AM
    Have you tried the Iioome flex?? It covers everything I have it on now.. But like every other person no one wants to spend the 25.00 for it but when they go and buy the 5.99 for 3 screen protectors and they don't fit right or when they drop their phone and the screen crack then the boo hoo start.. Me I have the outterbox and Iioome on my note 4 yes I spend 75.00 but now I have no worries.
    Of course not, I don't have a Note 4. I've heard of the Flex but I wasn't aware they were released already.

10-26-2014 11:20 AM
    where did you get it
    10-26-2014 11:49 AM

FWIW, I have the Spigen on my Note 4, and I don't have any halo effect. It just covers the width of the active portion of the screen, but, as far as I'm concerned, it's perfect.
    bdgriff likes this.
    10-26-2014 11:52 AM
    FWIW, I have the Spigen on my Note 4, and I don't have any halo effect. It just covers the width of the active portion of the screen, but, as far as I'm concerned, it's perfect.
    For the most part I think that's all we can expect. We are not going to see edge to edge protection with traditional glass on the Note 4. Flexible Glass should help solve this such as iLoome but I can't be sure.

10-26-2014 11:57 AM
    Of course not, I don't have a Note 4. I've heard of the Flex but I wasn't aware they were released already.

OK so you shouldn't say that no one is going to find a screen protector to cover the whole screen till you know the facts
    10-26-2014 12:11 PM
    OK so you shouldn't say that no one is going to find a screen protector to cover the whole screen till you know the facts
    I know the facts. You will NOT find a Tempered Glass screen protector that goes from edge to edge. Flexible Glass will be great but it will not be the same as standard Tempered Glass. If it was, don't you think more people would have chose that? Is Flexible Glass good? Sure, its also the best option available.

I should have wrote "Tempered" glass in my original post to clarify though.

10-26-2014 12:13 PM
    I have finally decided on the best screen protector for me. The Jelly Comb is Made with rounded edges. It is NOT covering the whole device but none of the other screen protectors do and I think it fits pretty good. So this is my choice.
    Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 4 Screen Protector, Jelly Comb Premium 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Anti-scratch Oleophobic ,Anti Shatter ,0.3mm Ultra Slim
    Attachment 143701
    Do you actually have this on your phone cause looking at it on Amazon there's only one review and it's the same review from the same guy that left it on the Supershieldz review. Some guy named Guy with a tie.

10-26-2014 12:22 PM
    Which Spigen is this?
    10-26-2014 12:25 PM
    Spigen glas Tr came today. Got no halo on it.
    Attachment 142349
    To the poster above asking which Spigen was used, this is the Glass protector by Spigen. It just covers the display area.

10-26-2014 12:29 PM
    You are right by all means that flex is not as good as tempered but till iloome comes out with a temper glass that can cover whole screen then the Flex will have to do since it covers the whole glass. Iloome made one for the iPhone 6 don't see what is taking them so long for the note
    10-26-2014 12:59 PM
    You are right by all means that flex is not as good as tempered but till iloome comes out with a temper glass that can cover whole screen then the Flex will have to do since it covers the whole glass. Iloome made one for the iPhone 6 don't see what is taking them so long for the note
    The Note 4 has a 2D display that curves at the edges. iLoome tried to make a traditional Tempered Glass but the edges kept lifting and causing a Halo effect. Its the same issue others are having.

10-26-2014 01:01 PM
    Had bad is the Zagg glass? I'm getting desperate
    10-26-2014 01:08 PM
    Which Spigen is this?
    here's the SPigen box and an image of my N4 with the Spigen glass installed. (I purchased it about 4 weeks ago - I had it for several weeks before I received my Verizon N4).

It actually covers a little more than it looks in the photo - the light source was at a sharp-angle and created a shadow, especially on the right side)

Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-spigen.jpg
    bdgriff likes this.
    10-26-2014 01:12 PM
    I ended up taking my zagg glass back to best buy, and they did take it back. Unfortunately, I couldn't get my money back, all they could do is give me store credit. So I got an s-view wine red case.

10-26-2014 01:15 PM
928 ... 1011121314 ...